Battery life - internal clock

ckblackm

Very Active Member
I've got one of the 256MB units... and am running the Super Zaxxon firmware.

If I "shutdown" the unit, how long should the battery last?

I shut it down on Sunday, and plugged it in today.... it booted it upon plug in and showed 75% battery life...

but the internal clock/date was a day and a half behind (they were set correctly before I shut it down).

Any ideas?

thanks,

Christopher.

If I shut it down, the internal clock is changing for me, too. I stopped to set it to the correct time again.

I don't know if something can be done about that.

i set my time to grab it off the interwebs, with a little help from Lomaxx, if anyones interested, im sure i can still grab my tutorial from my pandora

It seems, the little time sync tool is not included anymore in the new Firmware. I used this to sync the time with the Internet but can't remember how to install it on the Pandora. Maybe there could be an PND installer or just a command to get it back?

No, it shouldn't. It also shouldn't be losing 25% in just a few days. I haven't done extensive tests with 3.2, but I remember leaving my Pandora off for exactly 10 days and extrapolating that out to approximately 3 months when I first got mine. The clock also kept perfect time during those days.

To be sure, open a terminal and type first "date" and then "hwclock". The first command displays the software clock, the second displays the hardware clock. They should be the same. Or they should be different by timezone, I forget, I keep messing with my clocks. If the hardware clock is correct and just the software clock is wrong, then we need to file a bug report. If the hardware clock is wrong, then there is something even more peculiar going on.

The hardware clock is fine. The software clock was not brought to sync when it booted up. Very odd. It used to. Post this into the 3.2 kernel thread in the beta forum, see if Notaz has any idea what's up. When I get a chance I'll check it myself to confirm.

Back