Hardware Battery temperature readings are odd.

MTPDA

So my Pandora's battery temperature reading according to system info was 320°C before suddenly swinging to -20°C. As this is a lithium battery and I didn't want to take any chances I've removed the battey.

Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

Edit:
Just to clarify, I mean Pandora System Info:

Last edited:
Well if you didn't smell any burning as lead melts around that temperature and certainly all the plastic and such, I'd say it was a mis-reading of some kind.

After 20-30 minutes with the battery out of the Pandora to let the charging information reset, I'd try it again.

That program was made by a community member, so it could have some bugs in reading.

If the battery is not becoming fat and it's still completely covered (without deep scratches), it's ok.
If the solution by TrashyMG doesn't work, most probably it is loosing its capacity and the readings are becoming difficult.

most probably it is loosing its capacity and the readings are becoming difficult.
We're talking about temperature, not capacity. It's most likely a simple thermistor within the battery pack that is directly connected to the 3rd pin of the battery, connection issues with that pin can easily cause pretty wild readings. As the temperature contact is between plus and minus it's even possible that the battery (or the small PCB glued on top of it) has enough leeway that the contact pin is bridging two pads.

Back