Bearoids

MrHillBilly

Still Fresh
I just finished my rework of my BearOids. It is a Asteroids game with Teddy Bears. I think it is ready for release if you find anything wrong let me know.

This is my first release so feedback on tips and ideas would be GREAT.

I can not get it to upload to the files sections so I have it posted at

http://hillbillyarcade.tripod.com/gp2xstuff/

Controls are simple Dpad for for rotation and thrust, A to shoot, X for hyperspace, and to exit game hold L, R, Start.

There is also 2 cheat modes in there if you get board and want to look for them, 3 button presses. You should find them by accident.

Have fun all.

Well the dog gave me the idea for Teddy Bears. It is is favorite toy and he kept bring it to me the one day. :lol:

I just finished a new rework. I have it runing faster and smoother now.

I cleaned up warpfield, shots from player and UFO now work through the warpfield,
controls are more responsive, fixed the UFO timers, now saves High Scores.

Does anybody like it?

MrHillBilly posted on Feb 16 2007 at 03:53 AM said:
I just finished a new rework. I have it runing faster and smoother now.

I cleaned up warpfield, shots from player and UFO now work through the warpfield,
controls are more responsive, fixed the UFO timers, now saves High Scores.

Does anybody like it?

The engine seems pretty good. Honestly I am not sure about floating bears, I am more of a traditionalist I suppose. I guess it is certainly different though.

It would be cool to have regular rocks too, kind of like an enhanced Asteroids game. Maybe you could have different "themes" that you select through a menu. Traditional Rocks, bears, cubes, whatever.

There could be sparks that fly out when "rocks" split like the original.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it plays quite well. Nice one, man. The sound that friggin' smiley-face makes when it appears scares me!

Suggestion: maybe a brief period of invulnerability when you restart after losing a life?

GunPei2X posted on Feb 16 2007 at 12:48 AM said:
Yeah, it plays quite well. Nice one, man. The sound that friggin' smiley-face makes when it appears scares me!

Suggestion: maybe a brief period of invulnerability when you restart after losing a life?

I can add the invulnerablity with out too much trouble. I will see if I can add some kind of splat effect or something like that when the bears split.

If anyone else has any other ideas I would be willing to see if I can add them.

Does everyone like the the new thrust speed and the speed of the bears on the first level or they still need speeded up more.

THANKS for the feedback :D , I did not know if anyone even tried it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to say THANK YOU to who ever managed to get my BearOids in the files section.

I just posted 2.1. Only thing new on this one is you now have 2 sec. of invulnerability on respawn, as suggested by GunPei2X.

Thanks to everyone who tried it, and had any suggestions.

New version is avail. at http://hillbillyarcade.tripod.com/gp2xstuff/ and in the files section. I uploaded the new version to the files section but it is not posted yet, I am not sure how long it takes to update.

Back