Website
pokeparadox.itch.io
WEBSITE
https://github.com/pokeparadox
YOUTUBE
pokeparadox
beat2x.pnd.png

Gameplay Video:
Beat2X is a StepMania-like rhythm game created by Miq01 and with Artwork by Zenzuke.
I have made a quick port and it works ok.
UPDATE: Please redownload. I have updated (archive is pending approval) the downloads with a 0.5.1 version that fixes the directory creation issue people were having. It also adds things like Esc button to quit immediately and other minor tweaks.
Some more improvements will come in the future... for now, enjoy!

Just a note on a couple of things...
-Keys 1 and 2 are the software volume control... we don't really need it on Pandora, but it's there should you feel like using it.
-A Scale2x filter is applied in order to get a 640x480 display from the original GP2X data files.
-Finally please make sure you read the documentation carefully and setup all the folders!

HOW TO INSTALL
--------------

- Game: drop the PND into /pandora/menu or /pandora/desktop
create folder /pandora/appdata/beat2x/data.

- Packs: uncompress (keeping the directory structure) and copy the content
to '/pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs' folder. If it doesn't exist you should create it!

Download: PandoraStore - Archive - ProjectInfinity
Song Packs: Archive
Source: Original - Pandora

Can't get this to work. When I start it up it goes through the loading screen then crashes. I assumed it was because I didn't have the directories set up correctly but at this point I've literally tried every setup I can think of. So how is it supposed to look exactly? from the first post I would think to set it up like this: pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/DDR_Anime_1st_mix1/DDR_Anime_1st_mix1/ and the songs would be in the last folder. (note that the extra folder is there to keep the archive setup intact and I have tried it with just one DDR_Anime_1st_mix1 folder)Is that how it should look? If so then why does it keep crashing? Thanks for any help you can give me. Also I got that song pack from an external link at http://wiki.gp2x.org/wiki/Beat2x

Azuma said:
pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/DDR_Anime_1st_mix1/DDR_Anime_1st_mix1/
Nope it shouldn't be 2 folders like that...

More like this below...
pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/DDR_Anime_1st_mix/Anime.ogg

Also if you downloaded it from the Pandora Store previously... try downloading again. The first upload goofed, I've confirmed it fixed now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea I tried that. I was using the new version too. I also tried downloading another songpack but it does the same thing.

Azuma said:
Yea I tried that. I was using the new version too. I also tried downloading another songpack but it does the same thing.
Make sure you have made an empty data folder too.
Code:
SD:/pandora/appdata/beat2x/data

If you don't have this it will just crash. It is a process I do want to improve though, so that the folder are created automatically.

Tried making the data folder but it still won't work. I also tried doing the ls -R pandora thing so I could post the directory setup just to be sure it's right but the terminal keeps screwing up. I did look at it at least 20 times though so I'm pretty sure it's right XD.

PokeParadox said:
Azuma said:
Make sure you have made an empty data folder too.
Code:
SD:/pandora/appdata/beat2x/data

If you don't have this it will just crash. It is a process I do want to improve though, so that the folder are created automatically.

Just run a script in a PND:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

if [ ! -d data ]; Then
   mkdir data
fi
./Beat2X_R

And run that script instead in your PXML.

Last edited:
Azuma said:
Tried making the data folder but it still won't work. I also tried doing the ls -R pandora thing so I could post the directory setup just to be sure it's right but the terminal keeps screwing up. I did look at it at least 20 times though so I'm pretty sure it's right XD.
OK... last idea, try downloading from one of the other mirrors. Maybe for some reason the download isn't downloading correctly from the PandoraStore.

PokeParadox said:
Azuma said:
OK... last idea, try downloading from one of the other mirrors. Maybe for some reason the download isn't downloading correctly from the PandoraStore.

Keep me in the loop if it isn't.

Tried the two from the original topic in the beta section and it still won't work. If anyone reading this has the same problem please post or let pokeparadox know so he can look into it if it's not just an isolated problem I'm having.

craigix said:
PokeParadox said:
Azuma said:

Keep me in the loop if it isn't.
Craigix, could you try the Pandstore version and just confirm it as working, if you have some time? I download it directly into my /pandora/menu/ folder and it worked ok for me using Chromium...

Ok I got the terminal to stop screwing up. I always screw up with this stuff so heres how I have the directories set up so you can make 100 prcnt sure I have it right.
Code:
Tonberry:/media/mmcblk2p1$ ls -R pandora
pandora:
Desktop  Downloads  Menu  Roms	Video  appdata	apps  trash

pandora/Desktop:
Chromium.pnd  PPanic.pnd	       mame106.pnd
Exaile.pnd    PicoDrive_180_beta1.pnd  mupen64plus-r1.pnd
FHeroes2.pnd  beat2x.pnd	       psx4pandora10b2.pnd
FireFox.pnd   fennec.pnd	       srb2.pnd
IOquake3.pnd  gpfce.pnd		       vba-1.7.2-0.pnd

pandora/Downloads:

pandora/Menu:
beat2x.pnd

pandora/appdata:
beat2x			   firefox	   quake3
chromium		   gpfce	   song 1.ogg
codecpack.openpandora.org  mame.106	   srb2
exaile.pickle		   mupen64plus-r1  updater.openpandora.org
fennec			   picodrive	   vba.cosam.1.7.2.0
fheroes2.pickle		   psx4pandora-1

pandora/appdata/beat2x:
data  packs

pandora/appdata/beat2x/data:

pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs:
DDR_Anime_1st_mix1  ani2-Mix  ccMixter

pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/DDR_Anime_1st_mix1:
ChobitsIntro.bxe  Mahoromatic.bxe	   Slayers.bxe	 song 1.ogg
ChobitsIntro.ogg  Mahoromatic.ogg	   Slayers.ogg	 songlist.bxs
Evangelion.bxe	  SisterPrincessIntro.bxe  settings.dat
Evangelion.ogg	  SisterPrincessIntro.ogg  song 1.bxe

pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/ani2-Mix:
beloved.bxe  eva.bxe  last regrets.bxe	norock.bxe  settings.dat  you.bxe
beloved.ogg  eva.ogg  last regrets.ogg	norock.ogg  songlist.bxs  you.ogg

pandora/appdata/beat2x/packs/ccMixter:
Deshita - Look and Feel Years Younger (Vega Vege Remix) (Radio Edit).bxe
Deshita - Look and Feel Years Younger (Vega Vege Remix) (Radio Edit).ogg
PorchCat - Never Get Out (Billyclub Mix).bxe
PorchCat - Never Get Out (Billyclub Mix).ogg
Voide386 - Dj Void-Propa.bxe
Voide386 - Dj Void-Propa.ogg
license.txt
songlist.bxs

Nope, still not working. Thanks for the help though. I guess I'll wait for some more feedback to see if this happened to anyone else or if they found a way to fix it.

Azuma said:
Nope, still not working. Thanks for the help though. I guess I'll wait for some more feedback to see if this happened to anyone else or if they found a way to fix it.

what does the tmp log say

Err... How do I get the tmp log?

Edit: Never mind I got it. Quite the lucky guess...

Code:
in fork!
mountpoint: /media/mmcblk0p1
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 120: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop2 /mnt/pnd/beat2x
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 62:  2002 Segmentation fault      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/$BASENAME ./$EXENAME $ARGUMENTS
app exited
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/beat2x': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/utmp/beat2x': Is a directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/.wh..wh.plnk': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/.wh..wh..tmp': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/': Directory not empty
cleanup done

Back