Release Beat2X 0.5 Released

I was just about to post that the same thing was happening to me - I'd load Beat2x, hit Start and it would crash. Then on a whim I changed the mode to Practice and it just worked. Give it a try, you never know your luck... ;)

I figured it was just me, because that was where Beat2x always used to crash on me on the GP2X

I would but I can't even get to the start screen :D I just found out that it doesn't support hitting two buttons at the same time so I'll probably just wait for future versions. Hopefully my problem will get fixed along the way...

I havn't my Pandora yet, so just quick question: "Will it work with dancepad?". I made my dancepad myself and it use ripped USB gamepad. So basically if Beat2x support USB gamepads and custom key configuration (I must wire button inconsistently as gamepad doesn't return opposite directions pressed simultaneously).

all the songs pack can be found on my page http://gp2x.generation.free.fr/public/Jeux/Arcade/Beat2xPack/

peca said:
I havn't my Pandora yet, so just quick question: "Will it work with dancepad?". I made my dancepad myself and it use ripped USB gamepad. So basically if Beat2x support USB gamepads and custom key configuration (I must wire button inconsistently as gamepad doesn't return opposite directions pressed simultaneously).
There was some Dancepad support in the GP2X version and I have just done a quick port, so it should work, but it is untested!

Last edited by a moderator:
jaycee900 said:
Yeah keeps crashing straight after the loading screen for me too, i have the folders as they should be....was this tested on real hardware/beagleboard/software?
Yes... I've been playing it... o_O
Ugh this is frustrating me now... Anyone else confirm that it works?(I've had one person have it working)
I really do want to narrow down what is going wrong here...

PokeParadox said:
jaycee900 said:
Yeah keeps crashing straight after the loading screen for me too, i have the folders as they should be....was this tested on real hardware/beagleboard/software?
Ugh this is frustrating me now... Anyone else confirm that it works?(I've had one person have it working)

I redownloaded the one from the appstore and it works properly with the proper configuration.

Here is my directory structure for reference for others:
Code:
/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora
                    |
                    |__appdata
                    |     |
                    |     |__beat2x
                    |           |
                    |           |___data
                    |           |
                    |           |___packs
                    |                 |
                    |                 |___ccMixter
                    |                       |__*songfiles*
                    |
                    |__menu
                         |
                         |__beat2x.pnd

Maybe package a default song set, and do a mkdir.sh like ED suggested? This should make sure at least the directories and files necessary to start are there.

Noisome said:
PokeParadox said:
jaycee900 said:

I redownloaded the one from the appstore and it works properly with the proper configuration.

Here is my directory structure for reference for others:
Code:
/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora
                    |
                    |__appdata
                    |     |
                    |     |__beat2x
                    |           |
                    |           |___data
                    |           |
                    |           |___packs
                    |                 |
                    |                 |___ccMixter
                    |                       |__*songfiles*
                    |
                    |__menu
                         |
                         |__beat2x.pnd

Maybe package a default song set, and do a mkdir.sh like ED suggested? This should make sure at least the directories and files necessary to start are there.
Well I think I could bundle the ccMixter pack without any problems?

EDIT: Including the songs doesn't really help with adding additional packs, however.
EDIT: I THINK I know what could be wrong... I have a hunch that some settings files from my testing on PC got bundled into the PND file... I will make some fixes, possibly tonight after work or tomorrow morning.

I did notice this, but could be correct, he just reinserted the card to change mount points:

Azuma said:
Ok I got the terminal to stop screwing up. I always screw up with this stuff so heres how I have the directories set up so you can make 100 prcnt sure I have it right.
Code:
Tonberry:/media/mmcblk2p1$ ls -R pandora

Azuma said:
Err... How do I get the tmp log?

Edit: Never mind I got it. Quite the lucky guess...

Code:
in fork!
mountpoint: /media/mmcblk0p1
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 120: [: !: integer expression expected
not mounted on loop yet, doing so
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Usage: grep [OPTION]... PATTERN [FILE]...
Try `grep --help' for more information.
Filetype is Squashfs
sudo mount -t squashfs  /dev/loop2 /mnt/pnd/beat2x
mounting union!
Filesystem is vfat
/usr/pandora/scripts/pnd_run.sh: line 62:  2002 Segmentation fault      LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/utmp/$BASENAME ./$EXENAME $ARGUMENTS
app exited
rmdir: failed to remove `/mnt/utmp/beat2x': Device or resource busy
rm: cannot remove `/mnt/utmp/beat2x': Is a directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/.wh..wh.plnk': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/.wh..wh..tmp': No such file or directory
rmdir: failed to remove `/media/mmcblk0p1/pandora/appdata/beat2x/': Directory not empty
cleanup done

Two different mount points.

Also, could it possibly need the hotfix #2 if its not on the system already? I remember seeing this before hotfix #2 with other programs (not all, just ones that SHOULD run). Also test a reflash of the OS and then hotfix #2 the OS? Just reboot after the hotfix for good measure.

*EDIT* It is a shot in the dark, that's all :p

My structure is exactly the same still don't work, Noisome have u dl hotfix 3? I have hotfix2 installed, maybe it's working for u if u have hf3 which fixes the sd card path problems?

Yeah, I've got Hotfix 2. I also just reflashed recently. I have been having problems with mounting though. One particular error I've been having is when I take out and re-insert the SD card I have problems accessing the it from the pandora. I can fix it by plugging in a USB mass storage device but maybe it's not fixing it all the way. I can't find a single computer that will read my SD cards now either. After I used them in the pandora for a while all my computers just stopped reading them. Don't know if it may be a connection or not.

jaycee900 said:
My structure is exactly the same still don't work, Noisome have u dl hotfix 3? I have hotfix2 installed, maybe it's working for u if u have hf3 which fixes the sd card path problems?
No it's been working before the HF3 Beta too so "it's good but it's not right"

jaycee900 said:
No it's been working before the HF3 Beta too so "it's good but it's not right"
EDIT: Mod please delete the stupid phantom double-click double post...

jaycee900 said:

I have only hotfix #2.

This game is so addictive and polished, I play it all the time on GP2X :)

Tell me, what does Pandora's SDL do if you give it a 320*240 or 640*480 surface with the SDL_FULLSCREEN flag as you seem to do? Does it center it in the middle of a black screen as it is, or does it do any kind of stretching etc.?

Also, what is the 2x scaling penalty, did you count fps with and without it?

Thanks! :)

Alex. said:
Tell me, what does Pandora's SDL do if you give it a 320*240 or 640*480 surface with the SDL_FULLSCREEN flag as you seem to do? Does it center it in the middle of a black screen as it is, or does it do any kind of stretching etc.?

it will center, theres no feature yet in SDL yet to use the pandora hw scaling.

Back in the good ol' days, ED made a beat2x music pack with some Kraftwerk songs. I remember it was so awesome i stayed up until 5am in the morning to beat my own highscore over and over. Anyone has a mirror for this one? Definitely will play this when my :pandora2ut4: arrives in about two months™.

OK:
Beat2X Packless Test
EDIT: The ccMixter one is being smelly... and I REALLY have to go!

These haven't been tested on my Pandora yet, since I have to go to work... typing this quickly!
Try the Packless one and see if your problems go away...
You can also try the one with ccMicter pack included.

Both have the ED script to create the directories... so hopefully they play nice!

Back