Beauty competition.

+video - maybe some simple shots in daylight outside and some in indirect lighting and with more relatable background
+clear - will there be clear cases to put some paint on the inside ourselves?

From just the pictures I guess I'd prefer the chromish one. I either don't like that particular black or the contrast between the logo plate and this black doesn't agree with me or it's just in this light with this background at those angles - hard to tell.

That dark chrome is pretty much the embodiment of the idea of gunmetal grey that I've been going on about for years now. Gets my vote!

I will put my voice also to the idea of a video in as many different light sources as possible. But it'd have to go a far way for me personally to be put off that dark chrome.

Last edited:
Do they both cost the same or is one more expensive than the other?

I think the logo and interior work more naturally with the chrome but surprisingly I find the black more natural for the general exterior of the device (I expected my first impression to be the other way round).
They’re both so damn good it’s hard to decide between them!

They look fantastic. Well done. Seeing them come together into such a tight package after all these years must be a special feeling.

My vote is for the black. I think it looks great.

about 4 years late and now... some... renders?
oh wait... THEY'RE REAL!!! come to daddy, wooohooo!!!!! <3 <3 <3 :p&|a::cool::cool::cool:

i like the dark chrome a tad better.
for me, it looks more 'integrated' with the logo-badge and the highlights are somewhat more flowing around the edges nicely.
in the highlights of the black case, i can see the rough pattern of the plastic pushing a bit though the coating, and that mixes not so well
with the glossy finish so it looks somehow a bit off.

I'm surprised to see the black shinier than the previous matte black one.
It is nice to see that the chrome is toned down to a reasonable level.
I won't be complaining when either of these shows up on my desk.

Do they both cost the same or is one more expensive than the other?

I think the logo and interior work more naturally with the chrome but surprisingly I find the black more natural for the general exterior of the device (I expected my first impression to be the other way round).
They’re both so damn good it’s hard to decide between them!

You can always buy a second case in the other color and build your case with black bottom and chrome keyboard and lid :p

My problem is they both look tooo good. I wanted some cheap look so that it won't be stolen. It seems I can forget about that. :-(

I wonder what does it look like in the dark with the keyboard lit. Does the black case contrast better and the chrome one diffuse too much light ?

I don't know if I like the assimetry of the left control (D-pad?) in black on a chrome case. In that regard I find black better. I also expected it more matte.

I think I prefer the one that is closer to the uncoated plastic color. I remember something about the coating not being paint and not easy to peel off,
but I no longer remember if all case are black and the coated in chrome or what. Since both look good, I think I'd prefer the one that keeps the color
of the plastic just in case.

Back