Beauty competition.

I can remember to even used USB 3 Devices on the USB2 Port on the Pandora, so why is then this thing exactly?

Whit best regards, Matthias

Edit ok Micro USB 3

It is connected to the proper USB3 OTG controller in the OMAP5 so it can be used for faster transfer speeds with peripherals (hard drives etc) or even PCs.

Wait, so i’m confused, can the company make the logo plates in black or not? It sounds like they can but these white ones have already been used? If so for future batches maybe black ones could be ordered?

let's not spend any more energy into nitpicking and let's start producing final units that we can all use, love and change ourself if we want to. :)

Its called the 'bikeshed principle'. The amount of time spent debating things inversely correlates with its importance.

In any important meeting the really important stuff will be quickly passed over because attendees don't feel qualified to give their tuppeny's worth.

Whereas when you get to the trivial item on the agenda there will always be some who feel the need to debate it at great length so they have something to have contributed.

Yeah let's rather spend energy talking about random off-topic stuff as usual.

Yes, lets. That way it doesn't soak up ED's time writing lengthy point-by-point explanations.

Wait, so i’m confused, can the company make the logo plates in black or not? It sounds like they can but these white ones have already been used? If so for future batches maybe black ones could be ordered?

ED explained why he wouldn't do that in the same post where he explained that he could do that.

It would not be an identical black and almost-but-not-quite the same looks much worse than high contrast, to paraphrase.

both the colours look fine, but ED can you do a quick simulation of how they might wear over time?

I seem to recall old metallish devices starting to look like crap after a while. maybe I'm thinking of the Nintendo ds.

simulation should cover normal usage**, always-pocketed, occasional medium-warm baths (not hot) would cover the main scenarios.

please don't say their will never show signs of wear.. or do?

also, regarding metallish coating - I would hope it won't lead to frequent disappointment when people pick up the device and realise it's plastic?

** for gaming taschenbilliard obsessively

Why not ...

Make both.
Send 2 Pyras to everyone who preordered

They can, but EvilDragon mentioned earlier, that it would not be the same black as the housing.
And then it would look pretty bad.
But that's a matter of opinion I guess.

also, regarding metallish coating - I would hope it won't lead to frequent disappointment when people pick up the device and realise it's plastic?

Is that the case with other metallic-finish electronic devices?

I don't think they're white by the way. I think they're simulating cut steel or something, but I'd need to see a video to tell you actually how well that works.

In reply to whoever was asking for wear videos, ED promised long ago now a video of him scratching the case with a coin or keys or something. I'm still expecting that to happen.

Edit: That latter paragraph was in reply to @netcat , I think

Last edited:
I personally think the logo looks fantastic. Looking forward to seeing more of the logo with different coloured lights behind, and with the darker cases. Cool as the transparent cases are, the light leaking through takes away from the design of the logo and the aesthetics of the case and keyboard.

I’m pretty happy with whatever colour. While I’m still definitely planning on buying a Pyra, considering what’s happening in the world right now the colour of my work device doesn’t seem that important

Back