Beware Of 3.03oe Easy Installers

krosfyah

Syntax Error
Website
Visit site
It seems in a frenzy to be the first to release the Easy (read: Illegal) Installer for the new custom firmware, some morons have thrown in the DATA.DXAR file from the previous update. This is the file that always contains the good bits from the 1.5 firmware and the decrypted files from whichever firmware it's to be hybrid'ed with. They obviously read somewhere that once you have made this file you can re-use it everytime you perform an update, but what the retards didn't understand was that the one for 3.02 obviously will not magically contain 3.03 files and has to be remade.

Anyway, the point is it is very likely to brick your PSP. I've seen this happen to many people already and only those that were lucky enough to have access to a recovery menu were able to fix it. Obviously those updating straight from 1.5 weren't so lucky :(

:ph34r: Damn. Sucks to be those folks ... luckily, I'm a lifetime member of the "read 20 times, then update" club :)

Exactly, and if you follow the readme it's really not that difficult to use the official release. There's no need for these 'easy' installers at all.

I haven't plucked up the courage to do the 3.03A update yet! The PSP became too precious after the last update! I'm going to read up about what the compatibilty improvements are first.

>>> Of course, it handles compression now.. that's far too tempting!

yup the compression is quite good. Im sure ff7 went from 700 odd to 400 odd at first but then i added pics and music and its now 500 odd but still will save lots of space :D

Back