Black or silver?

ghostwheel

Still Fresh
I though of getting a new case, and both black and silver are available.

I like my black case - though it is cracking a bit. Is the silver case really more resilient? Or are the

black cases in the store new ones that are just as sturdy as the silver ones?

I never had a black one.  My silver case cracked near the tab to the right of the display on the outside edge (I am very careful with it, but missed that it had slipped out a bit).  Also that contrast between the silver paint and black plastic where it is scratched bothers me.

My original First Batch Pandora in a Black case cracked severely along the hinge to the point were I had to super glue it back together. This happened unusually early, just a few months into owning it.

My early Rebirth Pandora in a Black Case has absolutely no signs of cracking, although out of my Pandori it's been handled least as it pretty much sits on top of my TV as a retro gaming/media player via the TV out cable. 

My 1Ghz Pandora in the Silver case has no signs of cracking and it's by far the most used out of the bunch.

To me I feel case production was a mixed bag of different quality cases, silver or black.

Last edited by a moderator:
My CC is black. The case is perfect in all but one respect - the battery cover's tabs keep breaking off. I replaced it with a silver battery cover, and it's good so far.

Never had any hinge cracking or anything though.

D.

Thanks! 

When you say that the tabs keep breaking off, do you mean that they both did, or that you had multiple black covers and the tabs broke off, and now that you have the silver one they don't?

My silver CC got really scratched, it scratches really easily, just by looking at it. And it's very noticeable on the silver pandora. I would higly, highly recommend to also buy the carrying case if you don't have it already... 

I ordered a black case replacement to get a fresh new look without scratches, plus I always wanted a black one together but it wasn't available at the point when I first bought my pandora. Bought that together with a carry case and have been super happy with it (and also SUPER careful, always lifting it straight up, slowly, never lightly dragging it towards me making contact with the table, never putting anything on top of it etc)

No hinge problems or anything, it's solid without cracks. Did have some issues assembling it though as two of the holes for the screws needed to be glued in as there was damage to the case parts. And needed to file down a little bit for the shoulder buttons.

And yes, the battery cover is much better for the silver case. Works if you're careful though, mine's still intact but doesn't "click" in 100%, more like 98%.

I've had two black covers and a silver - the silver is much more robust, but looks like shit; silver is a poor choice of colour.

I've dropped my Pandora many, many times and still have no cracks in the case though. I don't use a case, just a small bag that I got with a pair of sunglasses :)

D.

Back