What About the Black Pandora?

Dash

Still Fresh
I have been eyeing the Pandora for a while now, saving up. I was extremely excited when it began selling from stock and the with all the changes that have happened it's improved a bit, but now with all that, they all seem to be silver. Frankly, I find the silver Pandoras to be quite ugly. I was wondering if there was any way or place I could buy a black 1GHz version of the Open Pandora. Any input will be most appreciated.

ED sells the black cases, though currently not in stock but he may get more in

https://www.dragonbox.de/en/replacement-parts/60-gehause-komplettset-mit-kratzern-schwarz-1.html

I don't believe the black are being made anymore though so might be that these only available as old units get returned for upgrade to the platinum cases... Then ED will resell the black ones on, he'd have to comment on how/if these will be available again.

Perhaps Linux-SWAT too or Link, depending if you near to France or USA respectively, as believe they do repairs on Pandoras so may also get the black cases in from time to time and can sell them on. They may even do the fitting of them if didn't fancy doing it yourself.

PS: you know one of the improvements was the case itself... With this newer platinum case/paint they're stronger casing and less prone to crack.

I believe this is the case

[excuse the pun :) ]

Most of my black parts are my own.

I like black too, i swapped my crowdfunded 1Ghz silver case with my old cracked black ^^.

Totally agree they do look better than their photos.

As far as I know, ED has a hard time finding a non scratched black case now, so if a black case is a *must*, one has to live with scratches.

Last edited by a moderator:
There should be full body skins that go over the case, much similar to how they exist for the PS3 and Xbox 360. You would just snap them on to the case or something.

I like the silver, too but it seems to me that it is more delicate or the (rather dark) scratches and marks are just more visible. On the other hand they are mere scratches and no cracks.

Back