Black!

Awesome, I love the black unit. Could you clarify what parts of the case, if any, are MP?

Also, anyone else notice that Craig's prototypes has two different nubs (the current one on the left and the old one that was going to be used on the right)? Or maybe it's just my eyes fooling me...

Looking Good!!!

Is the production Pandora going to have a matte black finish or a glossy black finish?

Awesome, but it needs a blakcer black.
"It's the weird colour scheme that freaks me. Every time you try to operate one of these weird black controls, which are labeled in black on a black background, a small black light lights up black to let you know you've done it. Hey, what is this, some kind of galactic hyper-hearse?"

Love the new look. Mr. Adams would be proud.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was expecting it to be more shiny and where are the the lights that should be on the hinge. I guess they'll only add these on the final prototype. So how much longer now because it looks about ready.

Hmm... I don't know. I also expected a lot more shinyness. Is this the final black look? If so, I'd rather have a white one :/

I was expecting it to be more shiny and where are the the lights that should be on the hinge. I guess they'll only add these on the final prototype. So how much longer now because it looks about ready.
This is nothing official at all. This is just Craig with a white NC case who thinks: "Hey I've seriously got no life at all and I dont have any friends lets go make my prototype case look a bit more like the final by buying some black spray and painting the CNC case with that. And when it's done make a picture and put that on the board"

This isnt the final case at all.

This is nothing official at all. This is just Craig with a white NC case who thinks: "Hey I've seriously got no life at all and I dont have any friends lets go make my prototype case look a bit more like the final by buying some black spray and painting the CNC case with that. And when it's done make a picture and put that on the board"

This isnt the final case at all.
That's a bit harsh, wouldn't you say? I was under the impression that he was doing this for the purpose of making a nice looking video for youtube, to raise interest in the project (see this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47832 ). Sheesh.

Are those used looking places covered with tape or did you have to bend them several times to close the case?
black0.jpg

As far as I remember, that area looked strange in every CNC so far.
Otherwise, the case looks amazing
It's too risky to put screws in these test cases (they are not as strong as they could be and the screw might crack the case) so I just put two little bits of tape to be safe. I guess I should have taken those off for the photo!

That board has a prototype nub on it, Pickle has what is a final board complete with the working final nubs.

That's a bit harsh, wouldn't you say? I was under the impression that he was doing this for the purpose of making a nice looking video for youtube, to raise interest in the project (see this thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=47832 "]. Sheesh.
Do you seriously think Im trying to insult craig? Craig is really doing an awesome job! People just dont understand the word sarcasm.[/quote]To be fair, there have been several people on these boards with pretty harsh (read: downright rude) criticism directed at Craig -- reading your post without knowing you were being sarcastic certainly seemed to fall in this category. Glad to hear I was wrong. Text-based sarcasm often doesn't transmit well. :)

i kinda like the matt look if only for modding purposes for repainting hehe, cant wait to see the gleaming final production cases

Back