Blingo

ruckage

Certified Guru
Hi all, thought I'd let you all see some pics of my first GP2X game. I wasn't going to announce anything until the game was finished but it's coming along so well I couldn't wait to share. :D

The game is a clone of slingo, there are a few differences but the basic gameplay is intact. For those who don't know it's a cross between a Slot machine and Bingo and despite being a game of luck is surprisingly addictive and great if you have a few minutes to spare.

At the minute it has a choice of 10 different skins (though that will probably increase before release) and is very close to completion (may even be ready before Xmas). The core mechanics are in place I just need to implement a few more rules, sound needs to be added and I need to make a few more images.

That's it for now. Pics are below.

blingo1kl5.jpg
blingo2sn6.jpg

blingo3yb0.jpg
blingo4zf5.jpg

That looks really fun, did you do the graphics we see or are they from the original?

Senor Quack posted on Dec 20 2006 at 06:58 PM said:

What kinda plant is that :D

... well, it's male .. (no flowers) so it's useless :lol:

The game looks great, BTW. Looking forward to it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:58 PM said:
Not the kind you're thinking of :rolleyes: :lol:

I've never played slingo before, but the screens for this look awesome! Really great artwork; very professional! :D

I often get addicted to the mini games you get in rpg games, which is what this seems vaguely reminiscent of. I'm really looking forward to this release now!

Thanks for all the comments, I hope that you'll be pleased with the finished article.

reaper79 posted on Dec 21 2006 at 01:24 AM said:
How come you didn't enter this into the community game contest? Not enought time to get a workable version? Looks nice btw.

Would have loved to have entered it but I haven't had the 2X long and only got round to having a go at coding this week, couldn't decide what to do for my first project, so many ideas and so little time. ;) I only started making this on Monday although I did have some of the graphics already done before then. Hopefully there will be another contest next year and I'll definately enter. (That reminds me, I have to check out the games that were submitted, haven't had chance yet.)

sensible GP32 posted on Dec 21 2006 at 01:36 AM said:
there is only one thing i can say about this

VERY GOOD!

now if you could only change that avatar :)
:p
The blue space freak stays for now, but don't worry I plan to feature him in another game and you'll be able to kill him repeatedly.

TelcoLou posted on Dec 21 2006 at 12:08 AM said:
Senor Quack posted on Dec 20 2006 at 06:58 PM said:

... well, it's male .. (no flowers) so it's useless :lol:

The game looks great, BTW. Looking forward to it. :)
Plants have both Stamen and Stomate, and are capable of a sexual reproduction, provided they can get pollen from one to the other.

ruckage posted on Dec 20 2006 at 07:09 PM said:
Senor Quack posted on Dec 20 2006 at 11:58 PM said:
Not the kind you're thinking of :rolleyes: :lol:
Why not?!?! :D but nice looking game, it actually got me excited about bingo! the game looks great! cant wait to play it!

Back