Blingo Released.

sam fisher posted on Dec 24 2006 at 11:01 PM said:
And it was written very quickly by him, wasn't it :D
subcon959 posted on Dec 24 2006 at 11:09 PM said:
Aw man I knew I should've charged up some batteries today!

You are one quick coder ruckage, looking forward to playing some portable slin..I mean blingo :)
I can't guarantee anything else I make will be finished so quickly :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay - I literally had people waiting outside with the car running while I quickly tried to change the format of the 'blingo.gpe' file. Thankfully, it worked a treat. And now the review:

Superb. Graphics crafted to suit the requirements of the game. High-quality sound and music that sets and maintains the mood required. Gameplay mechanics consistent with the 'feel' of the original (whether that's good or bad is up to personal preference) which I think is the highest requirement for a clone.

Whilst there will be questions over the appeal of the game as a subject (I'm not it's biggest fan, myself), this particular copy of it is expertly realised, professionally presented and is one of the highest-quality releases I've yet encountered on the GP2x. You could code up a game of Pong, and if it dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's like this one has I'd be equally rapturous of your efforts. To know that it's coded in Fenix has fired up my competitive urges to throw something together myself in an attempt to have people enjoy the presentation of a creation of mine the way I've enjoyed yours. Inspiring.

Pat yourself on the back, ruckage. I can't wait to see your next project.

Oh, and where to send the donations?

Wow. I have a new favourite game on the GP2x.

I think once the pause option is added this will be perfect.

Thanks ruckage, this was a really nice Christmas treat :)

Line O posted on Dec 25 2006 at 01:31 PM said:
Pat yourself on the back, ruckage. I can't wait to see your next project.

Oh, and where to send the donations?
Thanks for that and for taking the time to write a review :D , glad you got it working in the end. Really hadn't considered that anyone would want to donate any money but maybe I'll set something up as you never know I guess.

subcon959 posted on Dec 25 2006 at 04:46 PM said:
Wow. I have a new favourite game on the GP2x.

I think once the pause option is added this will be perfect.

Thanks ruckage, this was a really nice Christmas treat :)
Thanks very much :D and you're welcome, will have to get working on that pause then before I think of starting anything else (got the programming bug at the minute and a hundred ideas for games.)

Also thanks to everyone else who I haven't had chance to reply to, I really appreciate the feedback.

Hope you all had a great Christmas day.

Catching up on all the things I missed while I was gone and this game is excellent Ruckage.

Can't wait to see what else you might release in the future :)

This game is absolutely fantastic! Great graphics, great sound, and the gameplay is excellent. This one will be staying on my SD card permanently. Make sure to set up that donate link and I look forward to seeing more Ruckageware.

Just got around to trying this out and it's wonderful, very polished and fun to play. Thanks, ruckage.

Just got around to trying this out and it's wonderful, very polished and fun to play. Thanks, ruckage.
You're welcome :D

Will seriously have to try to do the update to this soon to add a pause button (been too busy working on some other GP2X projects to think about it)

Finally got my GP2X back, very very nice game indeed! This one will stay on my main SD card!

Just waiting now for a pause feature, also a small remark: selecting random background only works for the first game, after that it stays with the background from the first game. Could it stay random so it changes between games?

Finally got my GP2X back, very very nice game indeed! This one will stay on my main SD card!

Just waiting now for a pause feature, also a small remark: selecting random background only works for the first game, after that it stays with the background from the first game. Could it stay random so it changes between games?
Ditto on that request.

Okay, the update is just about ready to release. I've added a pause feature, changed it so that if random skin is selected it stays selected between games and also added 7 new skins. On top of that I've compressed the graphics FPG so its about 1MB smaller. Just going to test everything to make sure I haven't broken anything.

If there are any other suggestions nows the time to ask as I'll try to get them added to this update (providing I like them of course :p .)

New version uploaded - started a new post here.

I've set up a basic homepage now for accepting donations. Everybody that does make a donation will have an adopted pixel monkey featured on the main page with your name/username or any other message, and a link to your website as a thankyou.

Thanks to GunPei2X for making the first donation and adopting David.
Click here to be taken to my page and see little David.

I also plan to feature info about future projects there as well when I have the time.

Back