Blingo

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Finally finished. Just played 6 full games on the GP2X (got Blingo once). The highscores are fully implemented and work perfectly (despite some initial problems that were due to a bad compile I think).

I'm going to write up the instructions and then get it uploaded tomorrow, I may need some help with that though as I had problems the last time I tried to upload something

It's 11pm here now, but I'm going to go to bed, get woken up unfeasibly early by my kids on Christmas Day, open presents...

... and then come here to find an uploaded Blingo that I'll download as a present to myself. From ruckage. :) And then take my GP2x to Christmas lunch and keep myse... er... my wife amused with Blingo! Hurrah!

Cya in seven hours or so! :D

Just tried the game, very nice! I think it will be staying on my SD card for some time as a quick pick up and play game, I will show it to my mates missus later today as she is the Bingo expert (lives in the bingo hall :)).

One thing I have noticed is that there is no pause button in the game. As its a time based game it would be great to have as I was on the phone mid game and couldn't pause it.

Doesn't work for me, after starting the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Firmware 2.0

Very nice ruckage!
I like the design and this look fun for a quick game session on the go.
I'll try this one once I finished to pack my Xmas gifts. B)

B)-->
b._.o._.b said:
Doesn't work for me, after starting the screen turns black and nothing happens.

Firmware 2.0
Not sure why it wouldn't work. I'm using firmware 2.1.1 but it should be fine with 2.0 as well. Anyone else having problems loading in 2.0?

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage posted on Dec 24 2006 at 03:23 PM said:
Not sure why it wouldn't work. I'm using firmware 2.1.1 but it should be fine with 2.0 as well. Anyone else having problems loading in 2.0?
I'm having the same problems (using firmware 2.0): screen just turns black and nothing happens.

raven posted on Dec 24 2006 at 02:30 PM said:
I'm having the same problems (using firmware 2.0): screen just turns black and nothing happens.

The only thing I can suggest is trying the older version of the fenix runtime. (beta 3) if you can find a copy. The only other alternative is to update the firmware I guess. If you want pm me you email and I'll send you a version with the older runtime for your to try and see if that works, same goes for you b._.o._.b

Thanks for the game dude! Graphically it looks terrific, very colourful and the artwork adds a nice original feel :) I'm downloading it right now, and I'll leave some feedback a bit later on.

I can think of a reason why folks on 2.0 can't play your game: you probably edited the launching script in Wordpad or Notepad, correct? In that case, the file is in a non-Unix format, making it unusable in certain firmwares. The same thing happened to me when Airplyr didn't work on some people's GP2Xs. Get Notepad++, open your script, and select Format > convert to UNIX format, that should do it :)

- Alex

Alex. posted on Dec 24 2006 at 07:23 PM said:
Thanks for the game dude! Graphically it looks terrific, very colourful and the artwork adds a nice original feel :) I'm downloading it right now, and I'll leave some feedback a bit later on.

I can think of a reason why folks on 2.0 can't play your game: you probably edited the launching script in Wordpad or Notepad, correct? In that case, the file is in a non-Unix format, making it unusable in certain firmwares. The same thing happened to me when Airplyr didn't work on some people's GP2Xs. Get Notepad++, open your script, and select Format > convert to UNIX format, that should do it :)

- Alex

You are a star. Thanks for that, I'll put a comment on the download page and get an updated file added in a day or so. Thanks again.

Replacement Gpe here
Unzip it and replace the existing gpe with this and hopefully it will work.

Back