Blog Update 11/23/08

chaoskid42 said:
This means the LCD issue was resolved too I hope...?...since he said the bank issue was the only issue holding them back. I really was holding my breath for end of November, and although it's sad they were delayed, I can at least breathe easy now that I know the delivery is a ways off.
I think you misread. The only issue holding them back is the financial crisis, not the bank issue. The financial crisis made banks cautious about money AND caused manufacturers to be overly cautious as well.

I'm fairly certain the LCD issue is still the primary bottleneck, although Mweston's post about failure rate probably indicates a few other areas of concern they are trying to address in the short term as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevor Bradley said:
I'm also in the "Don't mind waiting. Very happy to see updates" camp. We're very content waiting as long as we get updates, even if that means more delays.
Thanks for keeping us informed, ED...
The main thing is knowing where we are. Like many I didn't mind if it didn't meet 30th November but wanted it for Christmas. Now I am unlikely to have it by Christmas, I'll come up with something else...

Nice to see bluetooth working!
How close are we to seeing videos of a finished pandora?

I don't mind waiting either, provided we get little updates like this to keep track of things.

Thanks for the update ED. shame we might not see it before xmas, new year etc. but i think we all knew that there was a chance it might slip its release date when we all ordered.

just take your time, the most important thing now is for the first batch to come out as flawless as possible...

edit: you don't want people going around saying it is a badly made POS...

DXR_13KE said:
just take your time, the most important thing now is for the first batch to come out as flawless as possible...

edit: you don't want people going around saying it is a badly made POS...
This is true and that's what there trying to avoid :)

Good damn the wait's killing me hehe :p

Thanks for the update. Time to hibernate for 30 days.

Not getting it this year would be disappointing, but also was an expected risk when ordering. Still looking forward to the Pandora and thanks for the update.

NickLoTurco said:
Would be amazing if shipping started before crimbo, evem if they only get a few hundred out........
Indeed, and like everyone else I'm thinking "especially if I'm in that few hundred". :D

TaG said:
NickLoTurco said:
Would be amazing if shipping started before crimbo, evem if they only get a few hundred out........
Indeed, and like everyone else I'm thinking "especially if I'm in that few hundred". :D
Or at least not the few hundred and first. *shudders*

I'm a bit bummed out on the delay too, but I do understand the situation they are in. I wonder if the Wiz is also getting delayed beyond the Feb 2009 date. :huh: Anyway, I am happy that we are being updated with the events and congratulation to Chip for joining the team.

I think the community will be too busy to complain if we are bombarded with some more pics and videos in the weeks to come. Just a suggestion. ;)

Happy to see BT working. B)

TaG said:
NickLoTurco said:
I orderded very quickly and would be surprised if i wasn't in the first 600 or so. We don't know how many are going to the USA, and ROW. So even though i got in just as it went live I could still be waiting a bit longer.

It's no problem though we're all going to get one, I really don't mind either way. But now that things are starting to settle down, I hope this continues, I do fear the next forum WRWROARRRR! will be when users are disgusted about not being in the first 600, despite their computer clock suggesting otherwise.

fingers crossed!! :lol:

OpenTheBox said:
I think the community will be too busy to complain if we are bombarded with some more pics and videos in the weeks to come. Just a suggestion. ;)

+1

OpenTheBox said:
I'm a bit bummed out on the delay too, but I do understand the situation they are in. I wonder if the Wiz is also getting delayed beyond the Feb 2009 date.
You can bet GPH is having the same hardware component delays that Pandora is having. And they already have their working prototype.

Wiz is going for a larger scale release though. GPH can't afford to have many small scale release of a few dozen units at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if Pandora took well into February to get all those 3800 units out and "lose" the race to the Wiz.

so how likely is having it for christmas?

nice to see the update :) i understand everything that's going on in the financial world, damn those bankers.

EvilDragon said:
It might even take until 2009 - but we won't say any date yet.

CronoTriggerFan said:
Ugh, 2009 for sure?
P.S. : You realize that there's an 'h' in "Chrono Trigger"?

Back