Broken GP32??

nullpoint

Still Fresh
Hi folks, finally got my GP32 from Lik-Sang after what seemed like a marathon wait, so hi everyone this is my first post .. prolly not the last tho.

Anyways, like a little kid unwrapped everything, stuck in a 64MB smartmedia card from my camera and installed the USB driver from the Gamepark website. All good, the laptop detects the device and I install PC Link Deluxe 1.3 and fire up that badboy. :)

Great stuff the PC sees the GP32 and vice versa. So I format the memory card to create all the directory structure and transfer a couple of games (doom 0.5 and spear of destiny and wolfenstein 32), sticking the data files in GAMES and the FXE files in GPMM.

All good, disconnect and fire up the GP32.. at which point it tells me that no games are found 'SMC is not inserted or no game exists press B to cancel'. However the files are visible from the PC-LINK and the MP3 player doesn't report that there is no SMC inserted.

I've tried formatting the card over and over again .. tranferring the files again and still the GP32 thinks there's no games installed. <_<

Has anyone else had this problem? Am I missing something? Any help would be appreciated .. as I really don't want to have to send this back to Lik-Sang cos after paying duty both ways again I might as well chuck the console in the bin. :(

Have you installed Freelauncher? You wont be able to play any user made programs at all unless you install Freelauncher.

If you need help doing this then go to:
http://faq.gp32emu.com/

and follow each of the newbie guides. It will explain how to register and setup your GP32 and get Freelauncher working.

Best of luck.

Drewus posted on May 28 2003 said:
Have you installed Freelauncher? You wont be able to play any user made programs at all unless you install Freelauncher.

If you need help doing this then go to:
http://faq.gp32emu.com/

and follow each of the newbie guides. It will explain how to register and setup your GP32 and get Freelauncher working.

Best of luck.
mate thanks a lot, I haven't installed it .. I'm pretty sure the SMC slot isn't defective as it'll format the card and read the stuff on it fine .. but just won't register any of the games on the card.

I'll give it a go .. thanks for your time ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
After authenticating the GP32 and installing the PC LINK software from Gamepark where can I get the free launcher?

I looks from the tutorial that the package comes from Gamepark but it's definately not included in the PC LINK software?

Thanks again for your help with stupid questions that have prolly already been answered.

After you registred, go to the gamepark site, login and download it from the dwonload page.

Nice one mate,

just after sticking up this post ... I managed to get it off the gp32 site, I don't know why the option to download it wasn't there before. Cheers loads guys for the help .. sorry for bugging you with the dumb arse questions!!

Back