...but will it run Linux

Will it even have a bootloader you can load your own OSes with? Kernel support for actually available ARM chips seems to be getting better and better to me, but the bootloader is still often the thing stopping you from doing your own thing.

The register's Andrew Orlowski also brought up the Courier in his piece poo-pooing the idea of MS releasing this:
https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/07/05/microsofts_mythical_andromeda_may_never_come/

I should forewarn though, Mr Orlowski is one of the Register's most opinionated reviewers, and does annoy some people with his tendency to pick an awkward opinion then pick the facts that fit. I find his writing quite entertaining in general though.

I love poopooers. They are almost always wrong. Still the points raised are valid.

I can't wait to see what happens.

probably not

But - maybe? Microsoft has been on a trend of incorporating Linux command line capabilities within Windows.
During this "Embrace" phase, they might be inclined to include Linux OS support within Windows on many different devices.

Next step is to "Extend" Linux. A process where Microsoft adds code to work with the product, but only when used under their own products. So, expect to see all sorts of new Linux features present in Microsoft OSs that include Linux capabilities.

The final step is to, "Exterminate"...

Penny's computer book?
Wraf!
20f29ce4c42114e6_inspector-gadget-brain1.jpg

Back