Bye, Everyone!

senquack

I feel a great disturbance in the source
Website
Visit site
I am leaving for Georgia, USA where I will walk (hopefully) 2175 miles to Maine on the Appalachian Trail for 5-6 months. There's a good chance I'll be back sooner rather than later, even within weeks cause most don't make it.

Unfortunately, I'll not be taking my GP2X, as the rain, humidity, battery charging issues and sheer tiredness will probably make it a bad idea to bring with me. I've agonized over the choice for months, since there's there's such a huge amount of great software coming out from all you great devlopers. I never had any idea such a cool little hardware/gaming community could exist until I bought this thing last year.

I salute you, developers and users alike! Looking forward to coming back in the fall and getting my second major GP2X project underway, which you can see in my sig.

Arg!! You are going to walk that much without the gp2x!!! u r crazyy :D.

i would buy a solar panel attach it on the bag and leave it charging it for a few days and u will have batteries again ready for it :)

Have a nice walk, dont be late for dinner ;)

Oh man, I am sooo jealous of you. There are two trails I'd love to hike - The Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. Thru hikes ahh :). How are you approaching it? Pre-mailed food or buy as you go? Have a great time, we'll see you when you get back. Oh and when you get back you should definitely provide a link with the trip pics!

JimmySlam posted on Mar 20 2007 at 08:00 PM said:
Arg!! You are going to walk that much without the gp2x!!! u r crazyy :D.

i would buy a solar panel attach it on the bag and leave it charging it for a few days and u will have batteries again ready for it :)

Have a nice walk, dont be late for dinner ;)

cowai posted on Mar 20 2007 at 08:35 PM said:
maplin.co.uk sells a solar panel charger that charges AAs in 3hours...

Well, the solar chargers are getting better but I'm on a budget and batteries + GP2X just weigh too much. Most people question cutting the handle off their toothbrush to save weight! (I didn't do this, I like my toothbrushes to have full handles!

Besides, trying to beat SMB3 when it's 95 degrees outside and 90% humidity and the gnats have been bugging you all day, and you smell like an old gym sock.. well, I could easily picture myself physically harming the GP2X out of anger at some point, just like my controller-rage problems when I was 12! :D

prairiefire posted on Mar 20 2007 at 08:33 PM said:
Oh man, I am sooo jealous of you. There are two trails I'd love to hike - The Appalachian Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail. Thru hikes ahh :). How are you approaching it? Pre-mailed food or buy as you go? Have a great time, we'll see you when you get back. Oh and when you get back you should definitely provide a link with the trip pics!

Wow, another long-distance hiker in planning on here, eh? Awesome. I am not doing any mailed food from home. There's a few spots where resupply is sketchy, and I'll just mail ahead when I find a good grocery store. Now, the PCT I hear is much different. You really need to plan a lot more than I have.

Have you seen this fella's PCT videos on youtube? He's a AT and PCT thru-hiker and a pretty good filmmaker IMO. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkNdEZLzctA

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck and have fun
my 2x will be awaiting your return (koules :D )

note: please don't make threads called "Bye, Everyone!"
I saw it and got scared you were going to sell your gp2x!
(that would be terrible! :ph34r: )

Hah, purple_goat is right. Usually goodbye threads are started by disgruntled community members. :lol:

Have fun on your trip! Any software that comes out in the meantime will still be there when you get back, so don't worry about it too much. Just make sure good times are had. :)

Senor Quack posted on Mar 20 2007 at 07:43 PM said:
I am leaving for Georgia, USA where I will walk (hopefully) 2175 miles to Maine on the Appalachian Trail for 5-6 months. There's a good chance I'll be back sooner rather than later, even within weeks cause most don't make it.

Unfortunately, I'll not be taking my GP2X, as the rain, humidity, battery charging issues and sheer tiredness will probably make it a bad idea to bring with me. I've agonized over the choice for months, since there's there's such a huge amount of great software coming out from all you great devlopers. I never had any idea such a cool little hardware/gaming community could exist until I bought this thing last year.

I salute you, developers and users alike! Looking forward to coming back in the fall and getting my second major GP2X project underway, which you can see in my sig.
That sounds amazing to do :)

purple_goat posted on Mar 20 2007 at 09:36 PM said:
good luck and have fun
my 2x will be awaiting your return (koules :D )

note: please don't make threads called "Bye, Everyone!"
I saw it and got scared you were going to sell your gp2x!
(that would be terrible! :ph34r: )

I honestly thought it might be a suicide thread, at first glance.

And yes, I have seen suicide threads that sounded that happy in the topic title.

purple_goat posted on Mar 21 2007 at 12:33 AM said:
Auritribe posted on Mar 20 2007 at 04:02 PM said:
:lol:
And yes, I have seen suicide threads that sounded that happy in the topic title.
:ph34r:

...I also may, or may not have been responsible for 2 or 3 of them..... :unsure:

^ just remember it's down the highway, not across the road.

Have fun on the hike Quack, I suggest carrying 4L of water on you at all times :)

Auritribe posted on Mar 20 2007 at 04:56 PM said:
purple_goat posted on Mar 21 2007 at 12:33 AM said:
:lol:

...I also may, or may not have been responsible for 2 or 3 of them..... :unsure:

Alex. posted on Mar 20 2007 at 05:08 PM said:

Have fun on the hike Quack, I suggest carrying 4L of water on you at all times :)
yeah we wouldn't want him to die like in Walking Simulator Extreme :lol:
walking-simulator-extreme.png

Either that, or in flat-desert-land, the atmosphere is such that you can dehydrate in ten steps. In which case, it was a very silly idea to forget the water, especially if he wanted to be walking champion.

purple_goat posted on Mar 20 2007 at 09:20 PM said:
Alex. posted on Mar 20 2007 at 05:08 PM said:

yeah we wouldn't want him to die like in Walking Simulator Extreme :lol:
*woosh*. Right over purple's head :lol:

Back