Bye Everyone

borgqueenx

Website
gdteam.net
well i got almost 2000 posts so it would be as nice to say goodbye.
I cancelled my order.
I wanted something new to play with in the following holidays, so im gonna buy a netbook tablet thingy.
It was anyways a nice ride...well actually it was not that nice because the delays.

Why im cancelling?
-last summer holidays i wanted my pandora to play with, now im not getting it these holidays...
-People complaining about hardware stuff.
-hardware becomes more and more out of date.

I still want to give my greatest thanks to the whole team, and to all members. i enjoyed talking and discussing here.
i probely wont come back here soon, because now i dont have a real purpose why i would talk here anymore...i will monitor this thread in this week though ;)

Anyways maby il join the second batch when i find out its a great success, it has a playstation 3 emulator and i dont have to wait one and a half year before i get it :p :)

Signed,
Borg Queen X.

borgqueenx said:
well i got almost 2000 posts so it would be as nice to say goodbye.

Congrats on the posts, sorry to see you go.

I've had mine a week, and will just say that it was worth the wait. To wait another month (no more two months... please!) would probably be worth it... but I can totally understand where you are coming from.

Good luck with your next device! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping the team turn around batch 2 much faster, I know they are hard at work but i feel for the people who are still waiting.

meanwhile....back in the real world

Hobbyman moves ANOTHER place up in the list

ANOTHER little voice says

"[sub]hooray!, an open slot for me![/sub]"

Unless you need the money now, you should keep the order and ebay it when it arrives, make a quick buck.

Aww, I'll miss you
c0204.gif

Come back soon!
*SIGH* At least I'll have a chance at the first batch if I can get enough money together.

You know, I think people are getting too over the top with hearing of these hardware defects.

My Pandora has one or two minor things wrong with it, but it overall feels like a solid, powerful keep of kit you can put in your pocket and take out to have the full power of a Linux operating system at your disposal. I understand where you're comming from, if you hear the odd defect it gives a "trident effect" that makes you think the rest of the product is not that good, but that's not true. The product feels solid, is great to work with, is robust and something I'm happy to keep on using.

Of course, it's your decision ultimately, and if you want to cancel, not recieve your Pandora, and miss out on the chance to make several hundred pounds profit, that's your decision.

MDave said:
He's lying! He cancelled so he can get a 3DS instead! :lol:
Well, that 3DS does have a nice low profile nub on it!

hobbyman II said:
meanwhile....back in the real world

Hobbyman moves ANOTHER place up in the list

ANOTHER little voice says

"[sub]hooray!, an open slot for me![/sub]"

ok you and probably also me have step up in the list ...but remember ......is allways 2 months away...... :( (at least !!)

So sad that another one cancelled...

Anyway GOOD LUCK Borg !!!! and hope to see you again here.. :)

-People complaining about hardware stuff.
-hardware becomes more and more out of date.

For me, this is not a valid reason to leave the boat. I'm not flaming you, it's just that you will never encounter a device that won't have hw/sw/whatever problems (the difference is that OP has such an open community/relation with us that you know every single problem that might appear, different from any other company that receive hundreds of defective devices per day and you don't even know about it). The Omap3 is not that outdated as well :p

The problem with most people canceling is that they were expecting a completely different device, competing with the DS in terms of build quality and with a stunning OS right from day one. This was never possible, not with OP's budget, not in the beginning, not by half a dozen persons involved in the project.. But the hardware is there, 3rd party developers will start to work with what they have and you will get a pretty solid rock OS in no time. Same thing with the case and other components, better ones will be made, even if they are made by other companies.

For me, the pandora came out much better than i was excpecting ;) but like i said, i'm not flaming you.. it was nice having you here ;)

Sofox said:
You know, I think people are getting too over the top with hearing of these hardware defects.

My Pandora has one or two minor things wrong with it, but it overall feels like a solid, powerful keep of kit you can put in your pocket and take out to have the full power of a Linux operating system at your disposal. I understand where you're comming from, if you hear the odd defect it gives a "trident effect" that makes you think the rest of the product is not that good, but that's not true. The product feels solid, is great to work with, is robust and something I'm happy to keep on using.

Of course, it's your decision ultimately, and if you want to cancel, not recieve your Pandora, and miss out on the chance to make several hundred pounds profit, that's your decision.

+1

Even with my broken unit, I still love it.

I'll miss you borgy, I always enjoyed reading your posts.

Trust me it is not worth cancelling,its a really cool device,and is still unique in terms of design.oh well

gah what a waste of time waiting all this time.
cya borgie hope you come back on the 2nd batch tho

Back