Caanoo Cover Problems

RZZ

Still Fresh
Hi everyone!

I just got my Caanoo, very nice, but:

upper 4 pixel lines are hidden by the cover. Pre-release versions had this problem, so GPH didn't fix it in final release? only mine has this problem?

Using Termula2x, typing "free" (gives total and used memory) total memory seems to be 84MB, shouldn't be 128MB ?.

example:
this image:

what I can see, is like this

This problem with the cover has been widely reported, I have observed. Its something that keeps coming up. Maybe there'll be a gen-2 Caanoo release that fixes it, but who knows?

Haven't got my Caanoo yet, but I'll report if I notice the same issue. TBH, it does bother me that there are un-visible pixels being wasted ..

my caanoos missing some of the screen too! bit annoying but i can live with it.

Besides devs will probably just adjust whatever so the game/emulator/app fits the screen :)

paul3100

Pickle said:
until then whip out the razor blade ;-)
One false move, and BAM, damaged screen.
Unless you can fit some piece of thin card beneath the bezel to protect the LCD screen whilst you're shaving.

RZZ said:
315x240 is ridiculous :D

I think you mean 320 by 235. ;P
The whole screen is there on the Caanoo it's the bevel around the screen that slightly obscures some of the topmost pixels.

Last edited by a moderator:
RupeeClock said:
Unless you can fit some piece of thin card beneath the bezel to protect the LCD screen whilst you're shaving.

I will remove the cover before cut it

RupeeClock said:

yes 320x235 ;)

RZZ said:
RupeeClock said:

I will remove the cover before cut it

RupeeClock said:

yes 320x235 ;)

Post pictures :)

haha, i don't think i'm getting the caanoo soon! thats an obvious design-failure that should've been seen before it went into final production. what the heck did they do - did they create the case without the bigger LCD in mind? GPH obviously has something against devs - first the tearing problem on the wiz and now the pixel offset? :huh:

crow_riot said:
haha, i don't think i'm getting the caanoo soon! thats an obvious design-failure that should've been seen before it went into final production. what the heck did they do - did they create the case without the bigger LCD in mind? GPH obviously has something against devs - first the tearing problem on the wiz and now the pixel offset? :huh:

they claim it was done so that the touchscreen would work.

Pickle said:
crow_riot said:

What

Wow, I'm glad I didn't order one yet! This seems like it could be fixed by GPH by replacing the top half of the case with something that won't block those pixels... or by us with some sandpaper or a razor blade, maybe some paint to cover it up...

I hate it when things like this aren't as perfect as they should be.

quote said:
Pickle said:
crow_riot said:

What

Im just passing on the answer I was told ;-)

Back