Caanoo - The New Gph Console?

Pickle said:
Does the rumble feature do anything for anyone? For me it doesnt.

Maybe if you were a really lonely geekgirl...

I think I just figured out GPH's market strategy, it just doesn't make any sense...

Last edited by a moderator:
I've spotted the location of the both that they purchased, it going to be in the south hall at booth #413.

A very tiny booth but it is seriously in on of the best locations you could be in as all of the third parties that handle developing markets are assigned as well. It's funny, all of the small little niche things on the left side and the big publishers are to the right of it.

If the Caanoo gains any serious ground they may some how be able to make some deals with there big booth neighbors EA, Ubisoft, Konami, Sega, THQ, Disney Interactive, Warner Bros. If only the Korean market is really into the Caanoo that is.

Game_over said:
I've spotted the location of the both that they purchased, it going to be in the south hall at booth #413.

A very tiny booth but it is seriously in on of the best locations you could be in as all of the third parties that handle developing markets are assigned as well. It's funny, all of the small little niche things on the left side and the big publishers are to the right of it.

If the Caanoo gains any serious ground they may some how be able to make some deals with there big booth neighbors EA, Ubisoft, Konami, Sega, THQ, Disney Interactive, Warner Bros. If only the Korean market is really into the Caanoo that is.

nice! i hope you can try it out a little and if you don't mind would you just write up your first impressions?

Game_over said:

Awesome! Are you allowed to take and upload pics? IIRC we got some from the Wiz's release a while back.

As nice as it is that GPH have a booth next to some really big commercial publishers/developers, it's very unlikely that they will take any real interest in it. I would however love to see pics or video when they are there.

I think they would have been better off making a slimmer wiz with built in wifi/bluetooth. I suppose to usb host is nice though?

All I can say is that I've had my GP2X F100 FE since it came out and I've been using it all of the time ever since and have had no real problems with it (I did lose the stick cap for 2 days once but it's fine now). I'd buy a Caanoo depending on price... I'd have bought a Wiz but for my being broke all of the time. No WiFi? So what, for me I just want to play emus and such, if I wanted to go online I'd have a cellphone or some such thing. I think this is a good looking system and seems to be stalling the feature creep that starts when people start armchair quaterbacking... I'd have 3D, it should have 4G, it should have a ton of pads/sticks like a N64 controller, it should be red, whatever. If you want a kitchen sink device that has/does everything, save up for a Pandora (I would if it were cheaper) or build your own. Personally, I'll wait until the Caanoo is actually built before I start crying about it.

If they were going to make a Wiz MK2 which this is kind of then they should have made it 100% backwards compatible.

The analog stick kind of blows that. If they put a d-pad in it, made it 100% backwards compatible then it makes sense to use the same SOC. But since they blew the BC they may as well just went with another faster SoC.

I still think the Wiz was their best effort so far. It wasn't perfect but they were really close with it. To bad they had to go to this.

Oh well, get you next time. They should come out with a 3D parallax barrier open handheld, that I would buy.

The Pandora pretty much does it for emus now as it is the perfect thing for that.

Game_over any news on the GPH booth? Has it 'opened' yet? I'm not really sure how E3 works...

Just noticed the updated FunGP page.

intro02.jpg

Looks to me like they are suggesting that the WiFi is inbuilt, anyone else?

Another nice find, thanks :) . The Caanoo looks really appealing in those shots.
And yes, if they use this pic...
cqf46v.png

...and it doesn't have inbuilt Wifi, they are being very misleading.

Edit: The person second from left on the bottom, is that a man or a woman? o_0

Holy shit, Peter just pointed out there's a black man there with a white guy's head.

Nova said:
Holy shit, Peter just pointed out there's a black man there with a white guy's head.
And a man with large, full bodied breasts?

The white/black man's hand is white! Maybe he's wearing some kind of messed-up leotard.
That is thin enough to show his abs.

quote said:
The white/black man's hand is white! Maybe he's wearing some kind of messed-up leotard.
That is thin enough to show his abs.

I believe this hand belongs to the girl next to him, as you can see some of her cuff.

GPH hasn't shown any new hardware yet, but they're keeping us busy with this puzzle in the meantime.

Back