Cancel Pandora And Refund Money Or Go Bankrupt And Be A Hermit.

EvilDragon said:
You DID read all the news and realized we had a complete production halt (broken nubs) until christmas last year?
And you DO realize we got about 800 boards in January and already shipped 700 units from those boards, the next 300 boards already on the way to UK?

Ok, so let's get a little maths in here...

You shipped 700. Cool, I'm impressed. Ok, so...

700 in 28 months, so that's 25 per month, which means that to complete batch 1 (4,000 - optimistic, but that's the size of the batch... I know you've not filled the whole batch!).

So 132 months to finish batch 1, or 11 years. Give or take. So say 2022, probably February, but let's figure in a delay of 2 months.

We're on the way, lads! And Batch 2 Will commence shipping in summer of 2022, and should complete... Christmas 2035!

Not long now! :p

D.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh! head meet wall!!!

And people wonder why the likes of Craig blows his top from time to time (very entertaining when he sometimes abruptly puts someone straight!)

Finally real solid progress after a major hurdle like the nubs, units really chugging out in a regular manner and people still bitch - craig so should have done ordering via a forum login :D ......

Above all demonstrations, here's whats happens currently :

-Pandora are built and shipped at a continuous and fast rate.
-Users who received it post happy reviews.
-Trollers trolls

The conclusion is :

-All is going pretty normally

Esn said:
Dunny said:
Esn said:
Come now Dunny, that's just trolling.

The maths is sound, and I even showed my working out.

D.
Not even that. You ignored the bit where ED said that 700 were shipped last month, not total.

Of course I did, and for that I apologise. I do have a valid excuse, however; I was in the middle of a game of MDK on my Pandora.

D.

Linux-SWAT said:
-All is going pretty normally
SNAFU :)

People claiming there hasn't been a steady stream of units just don't keep up well with the news.

I've also posted on the other boards to take a look at this thread on the German boards. Take the delta between two timestamps and multiply it by four to get an estimate of how many units have been shipped in the meantime (keep in mind: not everybody posts there and ED is busy soldering cables and having a life as well).

I think the team is managing about 200 a week now. So batch 1 should finish in about two months(TM) :p

ha ha, this is a kick ass topic-name.

to a certain extent this pandora was pure pain so far. I am happy that I do not visit these forums regularly. Although the hardware is to a certain extent already outdated now, I am sure that the waiting will be worth it. My queue position is between 1000 and 1100 which means another 12 months of waiting or so

Dunny said:
Esn said:

D.

The math is nowhere near sound you idiot. They sent out way more then 700 now. Almost half of the first batch has been sent out. And for the first 19 months they weren't even building the damn things. They were researching everything and preparing the production. By the way the idiot part was a big fat troll about you and all of the complainers around here. The super cool, much appreciated, kick-ass OpenPandora team is working as hard as they can now all the (admitted many) production bugs are gone. Have a little respect for the people working hard for the community.

Some folks need to hone their humour detectors.

mrdremel said:
The math is nowhere near sound you idiot. They sent out way more then 700 now. Almost half of the first batch has been sent out. And for the first 19 months they weren't even building the damn things. They were researching everything and preparing the production. By the way the idiot part was a big fat troll about you and all of the complainers around here. The super cool, much appreciated, kick-ass OpenPandora team is working as hard as they can now all the (admitted many) production bugs are gone. Have a little respect for the people working hard for the community.
I mean you no offence, but it is perhaps not the *best* of ideas to talk about respect, right after calling someone an idiot, and seemingly overlooking their apology that came afterwards... ;) (I'm also fairly sure that Dunny's "sound" comment may have been sarcastic.)

mrdremel said:
Dunny said:
Esn said:

D.

Leave Dunny alone.

mrdremel said:
Dunny said:
Esn said:

D.

[fx]Wooooooosh![/fx]

Bugger me, that one was flying low! Good job you're so short, innit? :)

D.

mrdremel said:

Ignoring the fact that you missed the point of Dunny's earlier post, the first 19 months weren't supposed to be "research and preparation", they were supposed to be production. It was supposed to be all prepped, and delivered Christmas 2008.

benji_stein said:
mrdremel said:

Ignoring the fact that you missed the point of Dunny's earlier post, the first 19 months weren't supposed to be "research and preparation", they were supposed to be production. It was supposed to be all prepped, and delivered Christmas 2008.
troll.jpg

Back