Cave Story Playing Slow

quadomatic

DingooWiki Admin
Website
www.opendingoo.com
I'm not sure if it's supposed to play like this, but Cave Story seems like its playing a lot slower than it should. The game goes very slow for me in most every place, except when you're in a very small area.

Is there a way that I can fix this? Maybe my GP2X's clock speed is too low or something?

quadomatic said:
I'm not sure if it's supposed to play like this, but Cave Story seems like its playing a lot slower than it should. The game goes very slow for me in most every place, except when you're in a very small area.

Is there a way that I can fix this? Maybe my GP2X's clock speed is too low or something?
Sometimes I hit VOL+/- in Gmenu2X and I'm pretty sure this is a shortcut for changing the CPU speed. Hit SELECT on the program's icon and see what the speed is set to, if you're running the gmenu2X launcher.

Last edited by a moderator:
Senor Quack said:
quadomatic said:

Sometimes I hit VOL+/- in Gmenu2X and I'm pretty sure this is a shortcut for changing the CPU speed. Hit SELECT on the program's icon and see what the speed is set to, if you're running the gmenu2X launcher.

OMG thanks for the tip. I figured out how to use GMenu2X, and now Cave Story plays WORLDS better.

UPDATE: Well, it was fun till my batteries died :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Back