Change Default Keyring Password

Website
Visit site
To change the default keyring password (the one youre prompted for when connecting to wifi) load up Thunar (Pandora menu/system). Check 'show hidden files'. Navigate to /home/YOUR NAME/.gnome2/keyrings and delete default.keyring

Reboot and you will be asked to enter your wireless key then pick a new keyring password.

Or just use rm in a terminal

dflemstr said:
You need to set the GNOME keyring to use the same password as the one you log in with (if you don't use a password to log in, you should also not have a keyring password)

To remove your current keyring (so that you can create a new one with a different password), use (in a terminal):
Code:
rm ~/.gnome2/keyrings/default.keyring

Note that any keys and passwords stored in the keyring will have to be reentered.

(This post is based on the assumption that the Pandora uses the GNOME keyring system)

About the AppStore: it has some layout bugs that hopefully will be fixed eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ bos It doesn't have to be and changing your main password via the terminal using passwd wont change your keyring pasword.

ninja'd by mali :)

@mali I didn't know that. cheers :)

Unfathomable Depths said:
It doesn't have to be and changing your main password via the terminal using passwd wont change your keyring pasword.
You're right, it doesn't have to be the same, but if you use different passwords, you have to enter both separately.

dflemstr said:
It doesn't have to be and changing your main password via the terminal using passwd wont change your keyring pasword.
You're right, it doesn't have to be the same, but if you use different passwords, you have to enter both separately.

I didnt use wireless yet on my new pandora but when I did on the old one it did not remember it correctly, and kept asking for it. Ill try again later today :)

Btw does logging in without password (automatically) change anything in this behaviour?

Bosbeetle said:
dflemstr said:

I didnt use wireless yet on my new pandora but when I did on the old one it did not remember it correctly, and kept asking for it. Ill try again later today :)

Btw does logging in without password (automatically) change anything in this behaviour?
If you set your keyring password to also be empty, then nope.

dflemstr said:
Bosbeetle said:
dflemstr said:

If you set your keyring password to also be empty, then nope.

so if I choose automatic log-in I should choose an empty keyring pw? (does it even allow that I thought I tried but maybe I canceled As I said will try later today)

the whole keyring thing confuses me.
I left it empty to not have to type another pw but it still asks TWICE for a keyring pw before I can enter my wifi pw. But I don`t want to type the wpa pw each time I connect to wlan. But it just don´t save the damn wifi key. :( What must I do to avoid keyring dialouge AND not to type in the wifi key all the time?

EDIT: I see I don't have a "default.keyring" file in the keyrings folder, only a "login.keyring" file. Can I delete this too, to create a new keyring?

Back