Charging My Pandora

ashadocat

how long will it take to charge? will t charge faster or slower when charging from a usb socket?

Hiroe said:
how long will it take to charge? will t charge faster or slower when charging from a usb socket?
It depends on the current that your usb socket allows. Some only allow 500mA (ie, laptops), whilst others allow several amps (some desktop pc's, and typical a/c chargers).

Last edited by a moderator:
Squidge said:
Hiroe said:
It depends on the current that your usb socket allows. Some only allow 500mA (ie, laptops), whilst others allow several amps (some desktop pc's, and typical a/c chargers).

Whoa, several amps? Enough to do some real damage.

Yup, luckily it's very difficult to get the polarity wrong when all you have is a standard usb cable :)

Can you only charge it from USB or will there be also another way to charge it?

EvanB

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know if software exists to test how many amperes a USB peripheral will draw? I ocassionly pick up various devices that I'm curious about, however my current multi meter only measures 1/4 of an ampere.. I've done some Googleing around but haven't found any options that were pure software.

What? you don't want to CHARGH MI LAZZR!?!

Anyhow, I'm pritty sure that the unit will come with A Power Cord of some sort to charge your unit. It depends on what the power cord regulates, but it might take twise as long to charge as the unit can live on. It just depends.

Classic Team said:
What? you don't want to CHARGH MI LAZZR!?!

Anyhow, I'm pritty sure that the unit will come with A Power Cord of some sort to charge your unit. It depends on what the power cord regulates, but it might take twise as long to charge as the unit can live on. It just depends.
So if the unit can live for 10 hours, your expecting a charge time of 20?

EvanB said:
Can you only charge it from USB or will there be also another way to charge it?
I think it's only from USB, but there will be a A/C to USB adaptor in the box.

DawnOfTheRent said:
I ocassionly pick up various devices that I'm curious about, however my current multi meter only measures 1/4 of an ampere..
I'm assuming your multimeter will measure voltage, in which case, why not just use a resistor and measure the voltage drop across it? That'll tell you how many amps the device is using.

Sort of related, will it be possible to stop Pandora from charging other USB deviced?

For ex. my mobile phone will be used for internet connection when out and about but it doesn't have to have power from the USB, however it will take it and reload itself if possible = less Pandora time

Well if you think about it the more Volts that can regulate through the cord to the Pandora the faster the unit will charge.(of cource we don't want to pull to much power to fast...That would be bad. :S) It's more of the developers choice; we'll just have to wait until we can see one of them.

Back