Chrono Trigger Ds

Awesome! This is a reason for me to get my DS out again! Weeeee...

As long as they don't make it 3D like FF3 or FF4 remakes for DS. I hope it stays 2D. I really, really, really, hope it stays 2D.

Personally, if I was Square-Enix I'd say 'Screw you' to the touch screen and keep it buttons only. Looking forward to it though. Never got a chance to play the original (the SNES emulator on the GP32 wasn't good enough to play it at a decent enough speed to make me want to continue).

All I'm hoping for is that it actually sees a release in Europe. Ok, I'll probably end up importing but the sentiment of actully releasing the game in Europe after 13 years would be nice.

I don't mind if they use the touch screen as long as they use it for something innovative. I don't wanna move my characters with some f'd up touchscreen control principle from hell. Imagine something along the lines of ocarina of time except played with the touchscreen as a way to travel through time or something. I don't mind if the battle menu is on the touchscreen and the action seen in the 2nd screen...

I quite liked using the touchscreen to move around in the latest Zelda.

Although I am undecided if it would be good for a game like Chrono Trigger.

If its got the same style as FF: Chronicles graphically then I can handle that. (Although would prefer graphics done in the style of Children of Mana) Hope it still retains its turn based battle approach..

I got as far as Masa and Mune in the first one on GP32.. then my opensnes save corrupted :(

I wish it was a 3D remake like FF IV. You can already play a 2D version of the game on the go with a SNES emulator (such as with a GP2X/PSP) or PSX emulator (PSP/Pandora?). I want something new/different! :)

I wonder if this uses any of the work done by the Chrono Trigger 3D project... I mean, they got a CnD letter and everything, but it's possible Square at least checked to see if what work they had done was maybe worth buying of them...

Oh great. It's going to be a lame port that will be no different than emulating it on your ds or psp.

They´ve put up some flash animation trailer now.
Seems like it´s 100% the same as the original for SNES, just with the menu interface in the touchscreen. They didn´t even redo the music.

How very lame.

@ Fishbong - But isn't that a good thing that they feel confident that they don't see a need to change anything? The game is largely lauded as one of the best RPGs ever with its music and artistic styling being well known as well. We should think of it as a priviledge they are keeping it as it is for the younger generation to play it (although I can guarantee it will go largely unnoticed by anyone who isn't a fan).

I agree, it is a great game with grat music and gameplay.

However, it is also the same game i already completed 4 times.

So i was hoping for something new, something that could give me an incentive for playing it again.

Back