Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

... and why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.

Tradition? :D
:lol: New quote.

EDIT:

..why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.
I believe this is because Craig pays himself a wage. OpenPandora is now his main company so he needs money coming in constantly. ED still has a regular job to pay his wage and his other company to pay the bills etc.. This is the only viable reason I can think of anyway??

Last edited by a moderator:
Speculation about Craig's situation
Unless you've got a post you can cite (or something), I'd hate to speculate on information we just don't have access to (like Craig's financial situation). I'd hate for him to have a reason to pop in and refute something like that whilst ignoring any valid points that have been made (as has happened many times over the years).

Besides, there's plenty of stuff we do know that we can hold him accountable to; we don't need to guess. :)

I have a feeling that they may try and expediate the fulfilling of original preorders in some fashion soon.Just a hunch.

I would like to 'throw my hat into the ring' and share the sentiment expressed by others in this thread before me.

One can only be made wait so long before feeling embittered or indifferent towards a project that once inspired us to take such a financial risk to support in the first place.

• Total Units produced and shipped so far: About 3900
  • Total PCBs left to be fixed and shipped (Company in Texas): About 1000
  • Paid preorders (Batch 1 and 2) still left: About 700
  • Investors: Found. Investment capital is secured.
  • Prototype Run (German company): Successfully finished shortly before christmas 2011.
  • Full-Production Run (German company): Started February 23rd, 2012.
  • Production capacity: approx. 1000 per month are possible (dependent on the demand), currently doing 150 per week.

If you have any further questions, please ask them at the official forums.

Last Updated on Friday, 01 June 2012 01:46
1 june > 19 july => 49 day

49 / 7 = 7 week

7 * 150 = 1050 Pandora ...

Where are our Pandoras ?

I guess we'll soon see a "informed customer upgrade" where you can pay $100 to get more precise information about when you'll receive your Pandora.

I wish I lived in Germany, I would be at ED's place helping out a few times a week :D .

Are profits derived from the success (and profit) of the ICP being used to produce Pandora's for per orderers?

I purchased my in March 2010, I waited 2 years. I wonder where am I in the line? Another 2 years of waiting? Should I just ask a refund ($350) and spend $500 to get one in stock?

There is still movement in the normal order que. Unfortunately the community is the latest source for the actual delivery postition. Actual satisfied order date (german: Bestelldatum) for EDs customers is 29-31.01.2009. Track here. I'm not up to date for craigs orders or such tracking thread here on the board.

Alas I am saddened to hear there are still First-Batch orders unfulfilled 'in the queue'. I think this is a bit of a travesty, personally .. wtf, "FIRST BATCH" means something, geeze.

Ah well.

There is still movement in the normal order que. Unfortunately the community is the latest source for the actual delivery postition. Actual satisfied order date (german: Bestelldatum) for EDs customers is 29-31.01.2009. Track here. I'm not up to date for craigs orders or such tracking thread here on the board.

that's the problem there, CraigIX is still in the first few day... ordered it the 5 october 2008 and I've still no news...I've been completly fucked up when I was told to order from craig...

Firstly I just want to say thanks to people who are sticking with us as we recover from the CC mess. The orders are slowly shipping and we are aiming to speed that up in a big way later this year via the 1Ghz success.

Remember you can have a refund if you want one, me and Ed were recently talking about how refunding a $330 order helps the project because the units now cost so much more than that to make now we are working with real companies who give accurate costs and good service.

Reading this makes me wonder how Craig is managing the units he gets and why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.

Because we can are are delivering?

What would you rather we did? Shut the whole project down? Declare bankruptcy?

The fantastic 1Ghz sales have given us a second wind to get a *lot* of things fixed and sorted out, including a push on finally clearing the remaining $330 orders.

The iCP did pay for and support the project for quite a bit of last year.

Also remember you can have a refund at any time, if you want one just email us.

Total outstanding preorders are now under 1000 units (between me and Ed), so we clearly are delivering. This time last year it was more like 2000. We have also repaired/replaced about 300 units in that time too.

Do tell us what would you do Notaz, you seem to be quite vocal lately in your attacks on the project, how would you handle it?

..why the heck is he taking upgrades when he can't really deliver.
I believe this is because Craig pays himself a wage. OpenPandora is now his main company so he needs money coming in constantly. ED still has a regular job to pay his wage and his other company to pay the bills etc.. This is the only viable reason I can think of anyway??

No I don't. Why do you keep on posting these lies? I've had no wages from OP for over a year. I often don't even take expenses, paying for things we need out my own pocket.

The whole project owes me well over £100,000 (I'm actually a little scared to add up the complete total, because it will depress me).

Even J and Debs have been working without just wages to keep things going, Debs has two jobs but still answers emails and deals with customers.

Ed does not pay himself a wage either.

The iCP pays me a (small) wage and I have investments elsewhere which keep me going.

Seriously, can you explain why you keep making up weird shit stirring lies?

I've looked though your past posts and this isn't the first or even the second time you have done this.

I don't want you as a customer (I'm not even entirely sure if you are a real customer or just a troll). Send me your order details so I can

refund your $330.

If you don't provide order details I can only assume you actually are a troll who has no outstanding order, which would make more sense right now.

MFLcb.jpg

Tried to warn you, bro. :D

(Of course, the whole "If you don't actively seek a refund then I'll assume you don't have an order" logic is ridiculous. There's a very big difference between not wanting him as a customer and him not wanting the product he paid for years ago. If he wanted a refund, he'd have sought one by now, and he's already said he doesn't, and why.)

Craigix said:
Firstly I just want to say thanks to people who are sticking with us as we recover from the CC mess.
Remember you can have a refund if you want one.
...and there's the heartfelt appreciation, and the offer of a refund. Of course, a refund where I get back $100 less than I paid isn't really a refund, is it? No, it's nobody's fault about fluctuating exchange rates, but it's certainly not MY fault the vendor can't deliver.

Tried to warn you, bro. :D

(Of course, the whole "If you don't actively seek a refund then I'll assume you don't have an order" logic is ridiculous. There's a very big difference between not wanting him as a customer and him not wanting the product he paid for years ago. If he wanted a refund, he'd have sought one by now, and he's already said he doesn't, and why.)

So what should we do then? Just accept him posting weird lies indefinitely? How do we know he is even a real customer?

I'm pretty sure if I started posting weird lies about you, and I kept doing it, you would want something done pretty quickly.

Rather than doing the 1Ghz orders, I'm having to be here defending the project from this stuff.

Anyhow I'm off for the evening now (I absolutely HAVE to finish these 1Ghz orders), so I'll have to leave this to burn for a while. Sorry in advance.

Back