Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

notaz is irreplaceable. Losing him would most definitely spell the end of Pandora and any other future products Craig has. The balls in Craig's court. Let's hope he handles it better than he did with Vimacs. This community has lost a lot of good developers. Whatever happened to Squidge? He was also one of original contributing Pandora and GP2X developers. Even DaveC has gone missing.

We can end all of this nonsense. Craig, how many original pre-orders are left in your queue and when will the last one ship?

If we know when the last one will ship then we will know, worse case, when ours will arrive.

Surely you know when that will be if you expect to ever float a KS for anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure that there a whole bunch of people who have orderered from the first batch, ( including myself early 2009) who are still waiting patiently for the pandora.

We may not contribute to the forum directly, as we do not yet have a unit in our hands, but the world continues to revolve.

We pre-orderers are aware of the forums, and email addresses needed to get in contact with either Ed or Craigs shop, and to be honest I have emailed Craig's Shop many times, and Jacquelyn has been able to anwer any questions that I have.

We are aware that a refund was ( and is ) possible at any time.

Its a balancing act between how much you need it, and how much you want it really.

Same as for most things in life.

bad+customer+service+3.jpg

Tnx for clearing things up, yes the way i meant it was as in, dont let it do our heads in (the correct meaning of dont let it get to your heads depends on the situation, sometimes it means dont get big headed, but sometimes it means dont worry too much, or dont get too emotional).

In this case my context was to relieve the situation a bit from the emotional weight, theres not much else i can do then attempt a post, irl i would perhaps have gotten us some cookies or something.

I did stir things up once tho, but it was directed at Exophase at that point, because he was being overly dramatic, and i sorth of called him a big baby (in an offening way) over it.

Prometheus caught me doing that, i think it gave him some bias.

On the Record, i myself have been waiting 3 years now too, but i dont want this project to get in jeopardy, so i kind of felt like posting that we should shrug it off a bit, theres worse things, and OP is trying their best to get things sorthed out.

I personally would gladly wait another 3 years over having a 100K debt.

Understand that Craig his situation is very difficult, and yes i know ED is in the same boat, but not everybody can remain cool (prevent letting it get to their heads) under such stress.

On the other hand i do understand the frustration of the customers as well, but please, for what its worth, keep loving the project, its unique, and that alone obviously brings difficulties, but the only way to keep it going, is by supporting it, otherwise none of us still waiting will ever see a pandora, let alone a pandora 2.

So i am try to keep looking at the big picture, instead of my personal situation.

Yes i am a customer, and didnt receive my product, but i am also a supporter for something unique and desirable, the latter being the big picture, that imho weights heavier then my personal pandora benefits.

Try to compare it to storming Normandy during WW2, those people gave up their life to that others could be free, if those hero's where able to support a bigger cause, i am sure we can too!

Maybe, its for the best for OP, top be open, just throw the bad news at us whenever there is any, the supporters will understand.

While the people that finally receive their pandora, please post it on the forum, if hardly anybody posts about receiving their unit, the waiting becomes only less bearable.

The current bad news for original orders and upgraders, is i think, (this is my assumption), sorry, we cant produce any pandora's for the coming weeks, the 1ghz got priority, because it lowers our debts, OP only got GC, and i doubt GC would offer up more then one machine/production team for a small scale project.

GC is a bussines, and much like OP, they have to set their priority's to survive.

Wow, this thread must be some sort of "spot the arsehole" competition. I'll fit right in, especially as the first letter of my name is at the the same end of the alphabet as the rest of them. FWIW, Prometheus is one of the fairest and even-handed moderators you miserable twats have ever had the pleasure of watching over you, and you can't even see it. You should be ashamed - if someone makes a small mistake in interpretation of a comment, they should be allowed to sort it privately between themselves, but not here - in here you can expect the arsehole brigade to come blustering in with their +1s and comments about heavy handedness.

Dickheads. You're the ones running the risk of scaring contributing figures away from the OP scene, not the mods.

D.

Instead of bitching about it and looking for who's fault it is let's actually try and solve this mess (we are all in the same boat for now anyway).

At this desprate point, i think any small misrable attempt for a solution may have at least some potential to do any good, so here's mine,

something unique and desirable

Though the pandora may be getting old by now and your common internet person mind find it dated already, i think it is still unique enough to draw new interesnts.

Please correct me if i got it wrong somewhere, but why not try something like Kickstarter, Rocket Jump or IndieGoGo to get some support for this?

Now if only Craig won't mind putting aside "Project 3" for now and telling us what the whole picture actualy looks like no matter how ugly it may be, there should be enough material to show at something more publicly popular nowadays like kickstarter (screw the cuts for third partys, why not let them have it if there's enough fund?).

If Craig and\or ED will be nice enough, maybe they can even make a funky video for the page too (Sort of like this one maybe). Heck, why not offer the 1GHZ pandoras for a 700USD pledge too or something, more or less serves the same function no?

Anyway, i know this may have a low success rate, but if this less fancy/esteblished OUYA thingy can get 5Mil, why can't a more stable handheld counterpart have a chance? (which by the way, now is also capeable of running the same android, thank you NoatZ for that one too :) )

Wow, this thread must be some sort of "spot the arsehole" competition. I'll fit right in, especially as the first letter of my name is at the the same end of the alphabet as the rest of them. FWIW, Prometheus is one of the fairest and even-handed moderators you miserable twats have ever had the pleasure of watching over you, and you can't even see it. You should be ashamed - if someone makes a small mistake in interpretation of a comment, they should be allowed to sort it privately between themselves, but not here - in here you can expect the arsehole brigade to come blustering in with their +1s and comments about heavy handedness.

Dickheads. You're the ones running the risk of scaring contributing figures away from the OP scene, not the mods.

D.
Bias means having a perspective at the expense of, in this case me.

Please do explain how among 99.9% of my fair posts, putting all the weight on the 0.1% (slipout due to exo his ranting) is not to be considered bias?

Thanks a lot for adding more negativity.

D.
Bias means having a perspective at the expense of, in this case me.

Please do explain how among 99.9% of my fair posts, putting all the weight on the 0.1% (slipout due to exo his ranting) is not to be considered bias?

Thanks a lot for adding more negativity.

Where did I mention you by name? You're looking an awful lot like a dickhead now. You proud of that? I was referring in my original post (which you would know if you'd read it) about those that waded in after your post, but if you want to be lumped in with those arseholes then be my guest.

D.

Well, this has degenerated into a bit of a slanging match, and no answer to the op's question what's so hard about that?.

I'm not hating on the Pandora project, or the OPT for that matter, I'm a second batch preorderer (August 2010), and have absolutely no intention of upgrading or cancelling my order, but I would like some kind of (rough) idea when I'll get my Pandora, and yes I have e-mailed asking that question but got no reply, again I'm not hating on any one, but I did kind of expect the first batch preorders to have been fulfilled by now, there was a post from ED not so long ago saying GC were upping the production to approx 200 p.w, what happened to that, or are they now concentrating on the new 1Ghz units, sorry if there's been info on that I've been on holiday and a bit busy in work since I've been back.

and I might as well keep off topic so here goes:-

ALLEZ ALLEZ WIGGO

I did think that the backlog would be cleared by now after prod at GC went to 1-200 week a while ago. Are there issues that have cropped up?

From the guy who made it his mission to berate Streak at every turn.

Not true - I pointed out where he was being lazy and my criticisms were all constructive. I use a great deal of the utilities from his cli-love package, and his updated Worker file-manager gets a lot of love too. Not so his emulators, which tended to be unusable. I did point out the flaws in his game without having played it though, but that was ok as it was done in the spirit that the game was offered.

D.

I did think that the backlog would be cleared by now after prod at GC went to 1-200 week a while ago. Are there issues that have cropped up?
Yes, the problem (as you've stated) is no longer one of production (apparently), but that they can't afford to send out the preorders (they lose money on each one). In order to be able to afford to do so, they need to sell more expensive Pandoras, whether they be upgrades or - even better - 1Ghz models. Depending on what numbers you listen to, it takes the sale of two or three of these more expensive Pandoras to be able to fund a single unupgraded preorder.

The difficulty with this, however, is that the Pandora has been around for a little while now. Most of the people who have wanted to upgrade already have, people who came later have already bought it for the "premium price" and enough people have had their fill of it that there's quite a steady flow of second-hand ones available now to eat into the Johnny Come Lately market, reducing it further. Combine all that with the fact that the technology's only getting older and (unbelieveably) getting even more expensive as it goes along, and there are some serious issues afoot.

Now if we suppose there's, say, 700 preorders to go, and we play conservative with the figures and say they need to sell two more for every one of those, I'll ask again what I have since this revelation came about: where the hell are they gonna find 1400 more people wanting to buy 2008 technology from some noname two-bit operation (no offence), with no 'proper' software library, no professional support, a disproportionately high price for a mainstream item AND have to wait weeks or months for it to arrive?

[removed gratuitous snark]

Accidental post, my bad.

I have been away for a year or two, pandora in cupboard as life events have got in the way, but came back with great enthusiasm courtesy of psx rearmed, been having a ball with that and very impressed with latest pandora firmware and other developments.

Truthfully, I can't thank notaz enough for the work he has done. And kudos to Craig et al for birthing a device which still keeps many glued to this forum, and the pandora lifestyle.

Cheers

Simon

Back