Classic, non-upgraded preorders / Current status page?

What craig and notaz do is up to themselves but ive noticed that sometimes notaz posts about something without having looked at the thread properly.He usually only posts in software or the beta testing areas and may miss some points or events on the forums.For example the hidden posts in the ask craig section.I knew it was just sony moderating and hiding the posts temporarily.Sony told me so before he hid my posts on 2 occasions.letting things get out of hand over nonsense is silly.At least find something tangible to argue about.
I'm sorry but it's you who is posting without looking at the problem properly, there were at least 5 responses in my thread, those posts were all deleted and never restored back. No matter how you look at it, it's censorship.

Last edited by a moderator:
Deleted posts? Still doing that? Rediculous .. didn't Craig promise to give up elevated permissions ;)

Also note that OPT is not one organization; people confuse the two, but EDs shop and Craigs shop are completely separate and under very different economics.

jeff

What craig and notaz do is up to themselves but ive noticed that sometimes notaz posts about something without having looked at the thread properly.He usually only posts in software or the beta testing areas and may miss some points or events on the forums.For example the hidden posts in the ask craig section.I knew it was just sony moderating and hiding the posts temporarily.Sony told me so before he hid my posts on 2 occasions.letting things get out of hand over nonsense is silly.At least find something tangible to argue about.
I'm sorry but it's you who is posting without looking at the problem properly, there were at least 5 responses in my thread, those posts were all deleted and never restored back. No matter how you look at it, it's censorship.
But was it the mod sony who did this? perhaps by accident.does eds questions section also have the posters post temporarily hidden i wonder.

Could someone please give me the link to this supposed thread?
Im not blaming you here sony.I think the thread notaz is referring to was from about a month ago or more.occasionally some posts were not restored to the ask craig/ed section after being removed.Perhaps you forgot or they got lost etc.Not a big deal imo.

Deleted posts? Still doing that? Rediculous .. didn't Craig promise to give up elevated permissions ;)

Also note that OPT is not one organization; people confuse the two, but EDs shop and Craigs shop are completely separate and under very different economics.

jeff

Regarding OP Team, Yes, Craig's Ltd in GB and ED's Gmbh in Germany are totally different shops. Both are working for profit.

Assume Craig sells a regular Pandora ($500). First, he pays VAT (-$100), and other fees/taxes. Then he transfers the remains to ED (~$350 best case). Would it be simpler and more fruitful for the futute of Pandora if ED would sell ALL Ghz and regular Pandoras? Practically ED gets no profit in exchange of a unit Craig sells. Including Ghz models (~$490 goes to ED). I would ask Why? if I was an investor.

Regarding OP Team, Yes, Craig's Ltd in GB and ED's Gmbh in Germany are totally different shops. Both are working for profit.

Assume Craig sells a regular Pandora ($500). First, he pays VAT (-$100), and other fees/taxes. Then he transfers the remains to ED (~$350 best case). Would it be simpler and more fruitful for the futute of Pandora if ED would sell ALL Ghz and regular Pandoras? Practically ED gets no profit in exchange of a unit Craig sells. Including Ghz models (~$490 goes to ED). I would ask Why? if I was an investor.
This goes back to both devs having their own companies. The OpenPandora companies weren't supposed to make any major/direct profit; they were setup to get the units into the devs personal companies for selling from there. Craig used to send them to ED without profit too.

Bad news, I hope notaz doesn't leave as even I know how key he is in our dev scene and I'm not even using the pnd repo yet, himself and a few other names leap out as people we, the general end users, would really like to keep on board.

Good news, under 1000 remaining units from FB across Craig and Eds queues, can't be too much longer before all original orders are fulfilled. I'm quite sure I must be #3999

Wasnt there a 3rd official vendor ? Fatih I think his name was? I could be wrong.

Yes, Fatih Kilic, see openpandora.org about us. Not sure if we could call him vendor, he got not many preorders for the turkish and asia market. Those were fullfilled at once because splitting didn't made sense with that low quantities.

IIRC that's not the way it is done. It's rather that Craig has to buy Pandoras from ED at a fixed rate. And that is done because there are investors now.

I'd like to add my virtual voice to the online chorus. I've e-mailed Craig's shop and can't get a specific answer out of Jacqueline, but she's not to blame for that. It's your shop, Craig, and it's nobody's responsibility but your own. So, how about updating us Classic Preorderers on where we stand? Hm?

*skips past the war*

Since it's still on the original topic...

Thank you for updating the current status page, though I'm sorry to say it raises more questions than it answers.

It still lists 150 a week production but in 2 months it's only gone from 700 to 600 preorders remaining. If you ever felt like people got upset I would say this is why. Nothing anyone puts out ever adds up. I understand 100% aren't going to preorders, but even at half that rate (75/week) after 8 weeks that's 600 units. 100 units out of 600 is less than 17%. Everything I read said it would be closer to 30% or more once things started picking up.

I know you guys have to market to new customers and make supply issues sound negligable, while at the same time dealing with issues that come up from your suppliers. After 4 years can we get it straight just once before we find out the crap hit the fan?

How can there be 600 batch 1 and batch 2 left? The last time I checked my queue number it as 2900-3100 (November 2010) ... how big was batch 2?

What worries me is that my order has been 'forgotten'. With such vague updates, how would I know if it had been?

Old preorders depend on the sales, production is no issue, as mentioned.

A lot of customers have upgraded, cancelled, switched to 1GHz, etc. since 2010 - how should ANY queue estimation be accurate?

This is just impossible... it's like estimating how much rain will fall from now on to the end of the year in London...

it's like estimating how much rain will fall from now on to the end of the year in London...

With all due respect, it's not. The weather is almost completely unpredictable... surely Pandora production is not?

I know that you have no control over Craig's queue ED, but it's just so frustrating to be in a queue where you have absolutely no idea how far away from the front you are.

I'm not asking for a date when my Pandora will arrive - I would just like to see the the Current Status page to say, orders up to NNNNN in batch 1 have been delivered.

Okay, so how are sales? Slow and slowing down further, it seems.

No, in fact, they have been increasing within the last two weeks (though I didn't expect that, not much advertising so far).

GamesCom as well as interviews and articles in magazines will help here as well, I already sent out a few more review copies.

Though the biggest thing will most probably be the GamesCom, with over 200,000 visitors.

I don't follow the forum as a whole all that closely, but this statement combined with the updated current status page brings a question to my mind: If Open Pandora has secured investment capital, why are classic preorders still on the back burner? I would think you'd want to just blow through those remaining few hundred units that you pre-sold at a loss so that you can start turning a profit.

Keep the flames at a minimum, guys, I'm as big a fan of ED as the rest of you. No disrespect is intended here.

Back