Beta Clonk Rage

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
i built this, but I thought it was freeware, but seems not. Would it be of anyuse to anyone if anyone that has experience with this wants to try it i can put up the binaries.
Anyway i couldnt get it to run properly.

Are u sure that it isnt freeware as the download links are on this page: http://www.clonk.de/download.php?lng=en

EDIT: nevermind, there is a free shareware version and a version you need to register for (dunno if that means paying)

EDIT2: Clonk Rage costs 15 euros

why not use ClonkPlanet?
That is freeware
would be much better if you could build ClonkPlanet for Pandora ...

i would love you if you did that :D

by
KK

Käptn.Karacho said:
why not use ClonkPlanet?
That is freeware

by
KK

I looked at clonk planet and the original source is windows/directx only, it would take some time to convert over to SDL or something native to linux.

Im going to try and debug the issue with rage, seems it should run at least as sharware.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
Käptn.Karacho said:
why not use ClonkPlanet?
That is freeware

by
KK

I looked at clonk planet and the original source is windows/directx only, it would take some time to convert over to SDL or something native to linux.

Im going to try and debug the issue with rage, seems it should run at least as sharware.

Well, there is a gp2x version of ClonkPlanet.
Is the author still visiting the boards? Can we get the sourcecode somewhere?

Edit: Source found and still there :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Pickle said:
Käptn.Karacho said:
why not use ClonkPlanet?
That is freeware

by
KK

Well, there is a gp2x version of ClonkPlanet.
Is the author still visiting the boards? Can we get the sourcecode somewhere?

Edit: Source found and still there :)

ah thanks, the source didnt come when i was looking for clonk2x

Edit: gpt clonk2x to build , although i think i need some more time to get this to run as i saw some gp2x hw code.

Update: clonk2x (clonk planet) is running. I have a couple things left to fix for a final release.
1. theres a double free error with the engine.
2. the frontend is 320x240, need to decide how to get this to 640x480 (scale or redo graphics. scale would be the easiest and quickest)

Pickle said:
I finished clonk planet last night, works pretty well. I might go to see if i can still do something with rage.
Can You make text in game bigger please? I barely can read it, even if I clean my glasses :)

Bit late, but I'm around (sometimes) I did the GP2X port of Clonk. Which is based on the Linux SDL version I found on the net.

The source contains some nasty hacks on the SDL level. If you have any questions about it email me at sneakeye_ at hotmail
Rest of the changes I did are optimizations that might not be needed on the pandora. The rain uses fixed point instead of floats for example, and graphics rescaling/rotating are cached instead of recalculated each frame. But you might be able to do that in hardware now.

Daid said:
Bit late, but I'm around (sometimes) I did the GP2X port of Clonk. Which is based on the Linux SDL version I found on the net.

The source contains some nasty hacks on the SDL level. If you have any questions about it email me at sneakeye_ at hotmail
Rest of the changes I did are optimizations that might not be needed on the pandora. The rain uses fixed point instead of floats for example, and graphics rescaling/rotating are cached instead of recalculated each frame. But you might be able to do that in hardware now.

I think your port was based on clonk planet? That was the one I ported for the pandora. Any of the later games use opengl which needs to be converted.

sebt3 said:
What about openClonk.
It can run as SDL only (at least that what does say the configure.ac)

From what i looked at this might be for the server only, the clients appear to need opengl and glew. Its very likely this could be ported.

Back