Collabrative Unboxing Video

Sphinxter said:
Should we like synchronize on size, frame rate or aspect ratio? I have a canon fs200.

Actually, I prefer people don't. I actually want the video to look spliced and homebrewed. I want it to feel like it was the genuine article from the user to the devs. I'll add in some professional overtone at the end to tie it all together.

I've been thinking about this one for a while, waiting for the right moment to post the idea.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm in!

<shows video of me opening a box, finding a rock inside, cryiny>

Alternate:

<shows video of me opening box, turns to camera, drops Pandora into blender....>

jeff

i'd say im in, but i am quite certain that if i either recieve the pandora, or the notice that it has arrived, i will forget the camera and just rush off to get it

I'm in, but because it's your idea have you considered posting one up on youtube, and then everybody after can make their videos 'video responses'? It would be a great way to show how large the community is (and of course that they are really shipping)- People might want to see the full versions and such

Bigun said:
Sphinxter said:
Should we like synchronize on size, frame rate or aspect ratio? I have a canon fs200.

Actually, I prefer people don't. I actually want the video to look spliced and homebrewed. I want it to feel like it was the genuine article from the user to the devs. I'll add in some professional overtone at the end to tie it all together.

I've been thinking about this one for a while, waiting for the right moment to post the idea.

Cool, I'll just use my regularl unboxing service then.

man3m1.jpg

Sphinxter said:
(pic)
Oh god what a nice looking dog. I once knew an old black lab, he had the most expressive eyebrows... seemed to have wisdom. When younger dogs were around acting stupid, he would look up at us with an almost apologetic look. Kinda like "sorry, they're young... we're not all like that." And when someone was sad, he also had what looked like an empathetic look, and would come over and comfort them.

I hope you all are aware of this painful fact? Unboxing videos are incredibly boring..

However... I do look forward to one of Skeezix' vids.

skeezix said:
I'm in!

<shows video of me opening a box, finding a rock inside, cryiny>

Alternate:

<shows video of me opening box, turns to camera, drops Pandora into blender....>

jeff

I agree, unboxing videos are generally pretty awful. I was kind of assuming that this video would be a fast cut montage type thing with a soundtrack, as opposed to a bunch of back to back OCD epics. I will be providing something very short, maybe 10 seconds. :p

I'm one of those losers who does regular vlogs so I will most definitely be doing an unboxing video. However, since my order number is in the high 3000's, it might be a while.

I think we need to be wary of posting hundreds of unboxing videos on Youtube. If people search for, or stumble upon, Pandora on youtube and they have to plough through hundreds of (let's be honest) boring unboxing videos they might give up before they get to a video that actually shows what Pandora can do!

BackAssward said:
Sphinxter said:
(pic)
Oh god what a nice looking dog. I once knew an old black lab, he had the most expressive eyebrows... seemed to have wisdom. When younger dogs were around acting stupid, he would look up at us with an almost apologetic look. Kinda like "sorry, they're young... we're not all like that." And when someone was sad, he also had what looked like an empathetic look, and would come over and comfort them.
My, that's a sweet lil' bugger. We had a Berner Sennenhund (dunno if there's an English name for the race) which was very attentive and "understanding" when it came to human feelings, too. Hell, I loved that dog, sniff.

Pleng said:
I think we need to be wary of posting hundreds of unboxing videos on Youtube. If people search for, or stumble upon, Pandora on youtube and they have to plough through hundreds of (let's be honest) boring unboxing videos they might give up before they get to a video that actually shows what Pandora can do!
Youtube is full of crap, we won't change that.

@topic
Nice idea Bigun! I can picture it already. And I bet lots of ppl will try to do sth creative to stand out of the crowd a little.
I'll do a longish unboxing vid and cut a few select seconds for this. I'm just still bothered about my camera, which is just an N95's. Guess it will be a crappy video holding it in one hand... maybe I can rig the phone to a helmet or something. I will definitely need both my hands to embrace Pandora's voluptuos body.

<salivate/>

I have a feeling that if we are just showing a collection of reactions to the unboxing, its going to look like an O-face montage ?!!

Do I really want to watch a 4 min video of Pandora forum users - with orgasmic expressions on their face ?

I'M IN BTW.

( ... although my submitted reaction may or not be accurately represent 100% my emotions at the time of unboxing ^^ )

BackAssward said:
Sphinxter said:
(pic)

Wait til you see him unbox, that boy really loves his work.

ed. I say we upload or provide links to them as files and let bigun do the edit, he spoke up first.

I'm in. I'm planning to do one anyway.

kuru said:
Pleng said:
Youtube is full of crap, we won't change that.
Indeed. You could probably find a thousand videos on unboxing the xbox (is that a pun?)

They will fall behind when newer videos with more information come out. I wouldn't worry about it.

trix said:
I have a clever plan to get a Pandora early and make the first unboxing vid!

I'm going to hire a really hot chick to visit ED's house and offer sex... then, when he goes into the other room to put on his robe and wizard hat, she steals a Pandora and RUNS!

But shhh, don't tell anyone.

Hey, who the heck did tell you I like robes and wizard hats... ooops :D

BackAssward said:
WizardStan said:
Yeah, we've seen pics of ED's girlfriend. It'll never work.
For the record, I believe he said on a few occasions, the girl who only owns that one red shirt, is just his friend.

Well, she WAS just a friend when I took that picture ;)
But she's living in my lair for two years now.

Last edited:
No matter how good this collaborative unboxing video is going to be, i have my doubts that it'll beat this one :p :

Wolfsclaw said:
No matter how good this collaborative unboxing video is going to be, i have my doubts that it'll beat this one :p :
ahaha I lol'd, genuine

Back