Collabrative Unboxing Video

fischju2000 said:
I'm in, but because it's your idea have you considered posting one up on youtube, and then everybody after can make their videos 'video responses'? It would be a great way to show how large the community is (and of course that they are really shipping)- People might want to see the full versions and such
I'm sure they'll be on youtube first. The montage video can be done once there is enough content.

I just checked my camera. Apparently it does decent video, but I think my voice is too low for it to pick up properly. See how it goes.

@Bigun, do you mean that you wont include modified clips, or just that you aren't going to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was planning on doing a whole video review, with the unboxing at the beginning, so I could pull the clip off of that for this.
Wow, I should probably start planning that vid...
That's exciting.

EvilDragon said:
Well, she WAS just a friend when I took that picture ;)
But she's living in my lair for two years now.
The Dragon lair... you sly dog, she's a cutie... most forum members would agree. So I guess the plan to send a chick over to steal your Pandora is off.

EvilDragon said:
trix said:
I have a clever plan to get a Pandora early and make the first unboxing vid!

I'm going to hire a really hot chick to visit ED's house and offer sex... then, when he goes into the other room to put on his robe and wizard hat, she steals a Pandora and RUNS!

But shhh, don't tell anyone.

Hey, who the heck did tell you I like robes and wizard hats... ooops :D

ahahaha i believe the "chick" that told me was called BritneySpears14!

I'm down, can't guarantee tiny ninjas tho, They've been in short supply since the nexus one release =/

I can probably upload it to my 1TB webhost and give you a link.

Bigun said:
It's getting close now. Lets discuss how to get the video's to me so I can splice them together.
What do you intend to use for editing?

NLS said:

I was hoping someone here could create a temporary FTP site or some other common upload medium for everyone to use. If you can offer that, then that would be preferred.

Bigun said:
WizardStan said:
Bigun said:
It's getting close now. Lets discuss how to get the video's to me so I can splice them together.
What do you intend to use for editing?

Openshot
Good, I was going to suggest that. An open source project (blah blah, hardware isn't open source yadda yadda shut up!) deserves an open source solution to as many problems as possible :)

Unboxing videos = people trying to freeze a moment in time and reserve it knowing damn well that when the novelty wears off and their brain chemistry settles down, they will realize how disproportionally much value they gave to something that is in retrospect viewed as a mundane accessory.

Memories > videos

BackAssward said:
EvilDragon said:
Well, she WAS just a friend when I took that picture ;)
But she's living in my lair for two years now.
The Dragon lair... you sly dog, she's a cutie... most forum members would agree. So I guess the plan to send a chick over to steal your Pandora is off.

On the other hand, we have confirmation that Pandora is a babe lure!

Bigun said:
NLS said:

I was hoping someone here could create a temporary FTP site or some other common upload medium for everyone to use. If you can offer that, then that would be preferred.
I'll see what can be done, currently having some troubles actually logging in myself, but a quick email or customer support ticket should solve that. Would be nice doing my part :)

Back