Video : Post-Unboxing First Turn-On

There isn't one *yet*. It is my understanding that it is in the works.

They're planning on having a repository for firmware updates eventually. For PND files, there's some talk about scripts which automatically check for updates as well, but nothing is planned out yet.

1) A repo is hopefulyl tobe set up for the firmware. (Must be careful though, so we never invalidate old pnd files.)
2) For pnd files, we need to dream up a package manager still; I figured we'd best determine and build that as a community, be it a traditional repo/packagemanager that just manages pnd-files, or something else.

jeff

skeezix said:
1) A repo is hopefulyl tobe set up for the firmware. (Must be careful though, so we never invalidate old pnd files.)
2) For pnd files, we need to dream up a package manager still; I figured we'd best determine and build that as a community, be it a traditional repo/packagemanager that just manages pnd-files, or something else.

jeff
For the pnd updater couldn't you just embed a version number of the app and where to look for updates inside the pnd itself. Embedding version numbers can't be that hard and most pnds will come from app store or file archive. The scenario should be, start up pnd manager, click check for updates, then the program scans the version numbers from your pnds and compares the number to the two places for files. If all your pnds are at latest version , it should say no updates were found. If it finds an update you can download latest versions of your pnds or look at the release notes for this version.

Last edited by a moderator:
maplesugarlover said:
skeezix said:

jeff
For the pnd updater couldn't you just embed a version number of the app and where to look for updates inside the pnd itself. Embedding version numbers can't be that hard and most pnds will come from app store or file archive. The scenario should be, start up pnd manager, click check for updates, then the program scans the version numbers from your pnds and compares the number to the two places for files. If all your pnds are at latest version , it should say no updates were found. If it finds an update you can download latest versions of your pnds or look at the release notes for this version.

There is already a version number in the PXML file for exact these purposes :)

Last edited:
My doctor game me a repository and it helped clear up my piles. If you have piles of pandora software you want to install and keep up to date perhaps a repository will help.

Back