Coming to the community with need

zonova

Hey everyone, I hate to come to you like this. My brother is going to college next year and I would like to help him as much as possible. He's really good at directing film, and he submitted a video for a scholarship. Unfortunately, to win, the process is that your video must get the most votes. This basically means that anyone at a big school automatically wins. We don't exactly have this privelage, so I was hoping you guys could help me play their game. To vote, you have to make an account. This means that they send you an email everyday to vote (you can vote once a day), but I believe the emails stop once the contest is over.

http://drugfacts4youngpeople.com/contest/vids4kids/2015/voting

My brother's videos name is Healthiness is Happiness. If you could possibly vote for it, I would really appreciate it!

If you would like another example of my brother's work, here's a video that he submitted to the White House, he came in 17th in the nation!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIti7sNoHoM

I certainly hope this doesn't count as spam, I'm sorry if it does :(

I liked Bright Future. (*trying not to nag about the wallclock...argh....not nag...). Concept is inviting. Cool hovering thingies. Will check out the other later (late for work now)

I've made an account, I've read the contest rules and I've watched Healthiness is Happiness.  I feel annoyed at both this contest's use and zonova's brother's use of the word "drugs."  Which drugs?  I suppose the kinds that cause temporary happiness and long term health problems.  Helpful advice should mention which ones are bad, and why.  Maybe there's a video length limit though.  Sorry if I'm nitpicking, but "don't use drugs" in regard to whichever drugs are bad sounds as puzzling and without consideration as saying "don't eat food" concerning only unhealthy foods.

I'll be cool and vote for Healthiness is Happiness though, I agree with the name.  But I kind of liked Is This Me? better, because it made it clear they were talking about cocaine and the guy had cool cocaine makeup.

You are a good brother and has good intention, but I am not sure this would violate the OpenPandora forum rules:

"No blatant advertisements including but not limited to unrelated Kickstarter promotions."

Also, not to insult your brother, but what if his video is not as good as others, but win because of thousands of votes coming from this forum?  I'm just concerned about ethical stuff of this forum if we all jump on this ship.

Last edited by a moderator:
At best it will be some 50 people. We don't have that many actives here.

I've made an account, I've read the contest rules and I've watched Healthiness is Happiness.  I feel annoyed at both this contest's use and zonova's brother's use of the word "drugs."  Which drugs?  I suppose the kinds that cause temporary happiness and long term health problems.  Helpful advice should mention which ones are bad, and why.  Maybe there's a video length limit though.  Sorry if I'm nitpicking, but "don't use drugs" in regard to whichever drugs are bad sounds as puzzling and without consideration as saying "don't eat food" concerning only unhealthy foods.

I'll be cool and vote for Healthiness is Happiness though, I agree with the name.  But I kind of liked Is This Me? better, because it made it clear they were talking about cocaine and the guy had cool cocaine makeup.
"don't use drugs" sounds like "don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, don't eat stuff with a sugar content of more than x%, don't take lots of medicine which technically is drugs". All those things can make you addicted to some level if misused, some more than others.

"don't use drugs" sounds like "don't drink alcohol, don't smoke, don't eat stuff with a sugar content of more than x%, don't take lots of medicine which technically is drugs". All those things can make you addicted to some level if misused, some more than others.
Addictions can come in many forms, and not all are related to putting chemicals into your body.  Then again, putting some drugs and other things in your body can be beneficial.

Addictions can come in many forms, and not all are related to putting chemicals into your body.  Then again, putting some drugs and other things in your body can be beneficial.
I wasn't saying I was agreeing.And I forgot to add "don't watch any [possibly addicting] series on TV, never read a book unless you know it won't ever get a sequel, don't have sex, never play minecraft [or whatever kind of game might addict you. any game]"

Also the interweb.  Stay away from it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
... and the Pandora?  I think I am seriously addicted to the Pandora.  Need to go get help now. But how?  Oh!  The Pyra will treat this Pandora addiction of mine.

Back