Release Commercial apps now accepted in the repo.

hmm really? what about a minimum price though as lots of people who buy the humble bundle are cheep skates who pay less than a dollar.

What I would really love to see and surely would use would be a Flattr like system for the repo. Suppose I want to support developers with 10€/month. Over a month I "+1" apps I'd like to support and at the end of the month my 10€ get split between all "+1"s. Also I could "+1" an app mutiple times. Just a thought :)

(Pay what you want also sounds good)

Milkshake, I found a bug. Press purchase when you're not logged in and it'll ask you to log in and redirect you. The issue is, the URL it redirects you to has an & in it instead of just & so it reports that the application doesn't exist.

Yeah the author would set minimum price, but the buyer can pay more if he/she likes.

Well If thats what EvilDragon thinks would help the commercial service I could add this :) anyone know of any reason why this would not work or be good?

And a "2 months" option would be great.

You pay, and you have to wait 2 months before beeing able to download. :p

Yeah the author would set minimum price, but the buyer can pay more if he/she likes.

Well If thats what EvilDragon thinks would help the commercial service I could add this :) anyone know of any reason why this would not work or be good?
Perhaps list somewhere a 'minimum' (to cover costs) and a 'recommended' (the price set by the developer/publisher) price, so people who are happy to pay above the minimum have a guideline for what to pay? Maybe?

I don't really see any reason to complicate the process unnecessarily and having more than one price listed like that is a recipe for confusion. I reckon Notaz has the right idea, just leave the price setting process as it is now, and accept any payment at or above that price.

- Neelix

there needs to be a place to specify the extra amount though as you cannot do this on paypal, you have to do it on the website then pass it on the paypal.

Do you pass all the values to the server before redirecting to PayPal?

If so you could maybe do just a textbox with javascript to confirm the amount is greater than the minimum; and as it's posted to the server, you could do a secondary check to make sure they've not frigged the javascript. Then redirect accordingly

Last edited by a moderator:
heh! I went to the repo to see if I could see a good way of integrating the 'pay extra' prompt... then realised as I have already purchased the only currently available commercial title, I can't get to the 'purchase' page again. :rolleyes:

What pmprog has suggested makes sense to me though.

- Neelix

on the page that redirects you to paypal I can just add in input box for any extra the customer would like to pay, then they can click submit, its as simple as I need to make it, shouldnt be too dificult to implament.

Will paypal and/or the credit card company nail you with a currency conversion charge if the buyer and seller use different currencies?
No, not as far as im aware.
Strictly speaking there is no fee, but the currency conversion rates paypal gives are atrocious. When converting, expect to pay an extra 5-10% of what the actual conversion rate is. That's the reason I refuse to deal with Canadians who list their ebay sales in USD: paypal takes 5-10% from me to convert to USD and then another 5-10% from the seller when they convert it back to CAD. But I digress.

(P.S. I hate Paypal and their unbelievable non-fee conversion rates)

is there no "free" alternative to PayPal? I mean a online payment system without extra fee? Something like Bitcoin but in trustworthy. ^^"

^ Operating such a service is not without costs to those offering it, so I'm pretty sure that no such thing exists. :p

Back