Complaining about emulators, and selling Pandora

Well i'm not totally gone because i have caanoo and i'm not selling that because it's my current favourite handheld system and it plays alot of good games from mame and fba.

For caanoo isn't that different forum.

yes, that well-known canoe forum at boards.openpandora.org.

It's time to say goodbye,i enjoyed my stay on this forum and tommorrow i will post the pandora to the winner on ebay.

Amount of problems the pandora had,i will never buy one ever again,i will stick to GPH consoles for emulation and other needs.

After a careful review of your posting history, I have to really put the record straight here.

Your Pandora had no problems, and Pandoras in general do not have many problems at all. The only thing wrong with your relationship with the device was... you. Think about it logically (if you are able). Everyone has the same hardware. There is no variance in drivers between units, no variance at all unless the device is actually electrically faulty. Which means, in a nutshell, that your Pandora was unable to run various apps and ROM emulations due to your own incompetence - if the hardware is common between all units and others have managed to get the games and apps running that you failed with, then the fault is your own, not that of the Pandora.

Which basically means (and I'll risk the warning here) that you are an incompetent moron, and I personally am glad to see you and your trolling leave the forums.

D.
I don't agree with you any of the point you made,i tell you why:

* pandora neo geo emulator was arcade only no controller support.

Caanoo has neo gngeo with arcade,console,home version plus has controller support and has neo geo cd emulator as a bonus.

* most majority emulators on pandora are available on caanoo so there is much of difference there.

* web browsing on pandora is not so good you tube running only 240 and loading pages is slow,we get for about £400 this kind of web browsing it's really lame i really prefer umpc

over this console and caanoo web browsing is much faster even it doesn't have flash plugin.

Pandora is to expensive it has alot of problems it's not good portable computer,you can get better portable computer for the price of pandora plus there are windows and can much

more easily and on other side caanoo is only £80.00 and is really cheap and has same amount of emulators,pc ports,g-sensor which canbe used many games in mame emulation

super hang on is wicked on it and has pivot function for photos and you can play music while watching a slideshow that's kinda cool.

I can't see anything on pandora what caanoo can't do,pandora has said to be much more powerful than caanoo but i can't see any extra emulators compare to caanoo just one n64 and has poor compatibility not many games work on it.

Finally i tried some emulators on caanoo:

Commodore amiga 500 (it's good as pandora,compatibility is great.)

Picodrive (brilliant)

sony psx (most games run fine without any problem)

Fba (plays alot of games and all are full speed)

Mame (runs nearly all my favourite games and g-sensor make this emulator very special)

gbc,gba,snes (all are fantastic emu's)

edit: craig was saying gph has quitted the scene is this true,caanoo is an great device very portable and light weight and games look really nice on the 3.5 screen, why would they quit.

I hope someone will rip your post apart, but I won't put any more effort in answering you.

ok, I'll do the honors.....

Pandora WILL have Windows in a matter of hours! So all your bashing holds zero ground!

edit: craig was saying gph has quitted the scene is this true,caanoo is an great device very portable and light weight and games look really nice on the 3.5 screen, why would they quit.
Because........GPH SUCKS ASS! :p Sorry, but I had to throw that in there, seemed to good to pass up!

In my personal opinion GPH was never about the "community". Any device they ever released was just a means to an end. They did just enough to keep a device going until the next payday came along with a new device, and finally after the Caanoo, this business model just couldn't be maintained in this current world economy and they had to close up shop.

Some members love them, some hate them, and others appear to be nuetral to the whole experiance. The Pandora was always about the "community", now we can all agree many things have not gone as planned, but from the d-pad, to the dual SD card slots, this device was created by and for the opensource community. I can't think of any other electronic device in the history of mankind that has had more hurdles and hiccups, and still has a sizible demand years after it's creation and a sizable price increase.

This is a true testament to the OP team and this community at large. I don't believe GPH ever took any ideas or suggestions to heart, and only ever did enough to keep sales active and make a few bucks. So for me, it was a "hate" relationship, as they did what they wanted, when they wanted with no regard or concern for the consumer. The same way Apple, Sony, or Nintendo does what they want and keeps there device completely locked down at all times. This is fine, as these devices are sold under that assumption, so to think the device will be supported or promoted in opensoure is a retarded concept at best.

GPH devices are supposed to be opensource(or maybe not, I could never really tell honestly), but they just never seemed to care IMO what their devices could or couldn't do. So I hope whomever has one of there devices, you like it for what is is today, as there probably won't be much new support(or new devices), a few years down the road.

So to GPH I say "Don't let the door it ya, where the good lord split ya" :lol:

Chris

This topic was split from the Mupen64Plus 2.0 thread, after sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars persisted in disrupting it, despite repeated warnings and requests to stop trolling. As promised, he is now on moderator-review.

Which basically means (and I'll risk the warning here) that you are an incompetent moron, and I personally am glad to see you and your trolling leave the forums.
No warning given. Frankly, we're all as sick of this nonsense as everyone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope someone will rip your post apart, but I won't put any more effort in answering you.

My pleasure.

I don't agree with you any of the point you made,i tell you why:

* pandora neo geo emulator was arcade only no controller support.

Caanoo has neo gngeo with arcade,console,home version plus has controller support and has neo geo cd emulator as a bonus.

The pandora has superior controls when compared to the Canoe, so there's no comparison there - you don't need external controllers with the Pandora.

* most majority emulators on pandora are available on caanoo so there is much of difference there.

The only emulators that stand a chance of running well on the canoe as well as the pandora are those that don't require much hardware emulation to begin with - such as Megadrive, 8bit CPUs etc. When you go up to more demanding hardware, the difference becomes quite distinct (but you'll be unlikely to see any difference, as you're really not that bright).

* web browsing on pandora is not so good you tube running only 240 and loading pages is slow,we get for about £400 this kind of web browsing it's really lame i really prefer umpc

over this console and caanoo web browsing is much faster even it doesn't have flash plugin.

Erm... You complain about the Pandora not being able to render Youtube videos, and then state that the canoe is better, even if it can't play youtube videos? That's quite odd, but given your level of stupidity I think you're carrying on a tradition here.

Pandora is to expensive it has alot of problems it's not good portable computer,you can get better portable computer for the price of pandora plus there are windows and can much

more easily and on other side caanoo is only £80.00 and is really cheap and has same amount of emulators,pc ports,g-sensor which canbe used many games in mame emulation

Let's see Mame 0.106 run on the canoe. Come on, show us.

Thought not. Okay, let's see you list the problems that the Pandora has that:

1) have not been fixed, and

2) have not been found to only exist in your mind

super hang on is wicked on it and has pivot function for photos and you can play music while watching a slideshow that's kinda cool.

I don't see how Super Hang on is any better on canoe than Pandora, given that the current iteration of FBA (which is better on Pandora than canoe, by the way) runs at full speed?

I can't see anything on pandora what caanoo can't do,pandora has said to be much more powerful than caanoo but i can't see any extra emulators compare to caanoo just one n64 and has poor compatibility not many games work on it.

There's your problem - I've not found many n64 games that don't work in some capacity or other - and there at least is a N64 emu on the Pandora. But see, you're not testing deep enough:

Finally i tried some emulators on caanoo:

Commodore amiga 500 (it's good as pandora,compatibility is great.)

Try running a workbench in true colour using Picasso graphics on an emulated Amiga 3000 - Pandora can do that, at full speed. Also, try using the keyboard on the canoe. The canoes does have a keyboard, doesn't it?

"Most games" being the handful that run with large amounts of frameskip?

Fba (plays alot of games and all are full speed)

See above.

Mame (runs nearly all my favourite games and g-sensor make this emulator very special)

gbc,gba,snes (all are fantastic emu's)

You're not really selling the canoe here - Pandora has analog controls to compensate for the accelerometer, and it's infinitely preferable to move a stick than it is to tilt the console and distort your view of the game.

GPH don't care about the customer. They entice you into buying the latest iteration of their sub-par devices (they've admittedly not made a competitive device since the GP32, and they didn't even make that) by announcing hardware addons that don't appear (WiFi addon? Various docking stations?) or with coding competitions that don't happen, or with games promised that never materialise, and on-line store credit that you can buy (but cannot buy anything with). GPH have found that with disappointing sales of the canoe, there is no more profit to be had in handheld ARM indie gaming consoles, so have abandoned ship.

Anything else, while I'm at it?

D.

Could this be a language barrier thing?

It seems that sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars lacks tact in complaining about or describing things.

I had that problem with some forum members on the dingoo forums.

I was working on porting a GB emulator and got tired of the "this thing sucks without full-screen" type comments so I left.

In retrospect I wonder if those were rude kids, rude adults, or just miscommunication.

Same thing with sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars, is he a rude kid, rude adult, or just miscommunicating?

Definition of TACT

: a keen sense of what to do or say in order to maintain good relations with others or avoid offense

You're in denial.. GPU emulation on Pandora has got to be at least 4x faster at 600MHz than on Caanoo overclocked to 750MHz. Maybe if having some chance of getting near real time speed after skipping 3/4th of the frames is fine for you. I think meanwhile everyone else will prefer playing it with all the frames.

Yeah, it's true. What you should be asking yourself is this: if GPH was committed to quality gaming devices why did they replace the Wiz with a handheld that barely improves hardware quality but fails to provide backwards compatibility? GPH said so themselves, they can't keep up with cheap Android devices, and it's true. Originally Chinese companies were putting out PMPs with even worse hardware but at much lower prices. Eventually they started taking the higher end markets seriously and got the appropriate spec upgrades. How do you compete against other markets when you're both more expensive AND much worse in hardware while not offering anything innovative whatsoever in form factor or content?

In retrospect I wonder if those were rude kids, rude adults, or just miscommunication.

Probably really has a disorder that makes appropriate communication difficult for him.

You might be right dgame. Which is a sad thing... i've come across may people with whom true communication seems impossible. I believe what we have here is both a language barrier and a conflict of perspectives. But not much can be done about that, unfortunately...

Not sure but on another forum i interpeted someones post as very sarcastic.Then he apologised and explained it was cos his english was bad.So i apologised.Not sure about lylat wars andwhy he keeps changing his forum name all the time.Some people have said he's hakmanplayer.I believe hakman/scoobie is someone else entirely.

Could this be a language barrier thing?

It seems that sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars lacks tact in complaining about or describing things.
You might be right dgame. Which is a sad thing... i've come across may people with whom true communication seems impossible. I believe what we have here is both a language barrier and a conflict of perspectives. But not much can be done about that, unfortunately...
A week or two ago, sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars stated that he's both a native English-speaker and (two posts later) a non-native English-speaker. Since he's both, there should surely be no barrier here? ;)

There also shouldn't be a barrier when a moderator has repeatedly asked and warned you to stop antagonising people after getting complaints about it.

Not sure about lylat wars andwhy he keeps changing his forum name all the time.Some people have said he's hakmanplayer.I believe hakman/scoobie is someone else entirely.
You're correct, Khan. They are unrelated individuals. Previously, sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars has stated that the name-changes are due to the names causing him trouble, though he has never stated what sort of trouble they have caused.

You're correct, Khan. They are unrelated individuals. Previously, sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars has stated that the name-changes are due to the names causing him trouble, though he has never stated what sort of trouble they have caused.
I believe this trouble has something to do with smplayer2. It would be unsporting of me to link it directly, but a browse of the beta testing forum would be rewarding.

^ Looking at the dates, that still doesn't explain the change from sukhiextreme to Fighters Paradise to Fighters Destiny to ocean, before that.

I suspect it's less the names that are causing trouble, and more the timesinking, such as giving several folks with saintly patience the runaround for three entire months to get a 3G USB dongle running...

Previously, sukhiextreme/ocean/Star Fox 64/Lylat Wars has stated that the name-changes are due to the names causing him trouble, though he has never stated what sort of trouble they have caused.

Things were getting "difficult".

At first, it was just youthful shenanigans - one of his aliases would post dog-crap wrapped in brown paper through people's doors, which quickly escalated when another of his aliases would suggest that they light it... you get the kind of thing. Eventually the police became involved and it all turned ugly, a real embarrassment to his parents. Many of his aliases are now spending time in youth offender instutions, though I do believe that Ocean was allowed out on license and now performs good deeds for community service.

D.

ENUpD.jpg

I can soooo see myself playing Golden Eye on this control. Must be a treat just trying to shoot at something.

Also gotta love being able to just barely more powerful enough to run 1 more emulator than pandora, but not enough to run Dreamcast and higher... on a 3 hour battery life.

ENUpD.jpg

I can soooo see myself playing Golden Eye on this control. Must be a treat just trying to shoot at something.

Also gotta love being able to just barely more powerful enough to run 1 more emulator than pandora, but not enough to run Dreamcast and higher... on a 3 hour battery life.

3h of winXP with no gaming controls > 12h of significantly optimized Linux with game controls

I think I disagree. <_<

on other hand that means 3 hours of thief2... something that could worth it...

Back