Confirmed I was being refunded on 26th August but still no money

Hi, i had a similar problem, or worse, i requested a refund on Jun 7 to openpandorasales, on Jun 9 i got a response from Jacquelyn saying that they had requested the refund and i would get confirmation from google checkout. Which i got the same day, a receipt from google chechout stating that my order was canceld and all the money was refunded to the same card.

But i never actually got the money back!. I waited some time because i heard the refunds usually took a couple of days to be completed, but nothing. On July 4 i contacted Jacquelyn again asking her about the problem, but she confirmed that the transaction was actually done. I contacted my Bank, checked my account statement but nothing.

I didn't knew what else to do. I kinda gave up on that money. But i want to make clear that i am not blaming openpandora for this, i am sure it was not their fault. But i will never use google checkout again.

First of all, I'd recommend logging into your Google checkout account to see if there is any information about it there. (Edit: You should be able to login with the same password you use for Gmail)

The information on this page may be helpful.

Failing that I'd recommend contacting Google to follow up.

Hope this helps,

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Neelix, but i have already tryied those links. What bothered me is that google checkout never informed of some kind of error, like a failed refund. And there is no sign of the refund in my bank statement either. Does any one has had a similar experience?

Thanks Neelix, but i have already tryied those links. What bothered me is that google checkout never informed of some kind of error, like a failed refund. And there is no sign of the refund in my bank statement either. Does any one has had a similar experience?

If the money never hit any of your accounts, then someone at Open Pandora is going to have to get a BACS trace from their bank to see where it went.

I have been contacting OP via google check out every 6 days or so and after my initial acknowledgement of cancelling, i have still got nothing. No replies and no money.

What is worrying to me is there is talk of Google check out issues, but also on other threads talk of lack of funds until next year.

I just wish that either ED or Craigx would actually comment on these posts rather than us play a guessing game.

I just wish that either ED or Craigx would actually comment on these posts rather than us play a guessing game.

I already replied a few times that I can't give much information here.

This is OpenPandora Ltd. you are talking about, my company is OpenPandora GmbH.

While we've been both working together on the Pandora, the companies are completely seperated. I cannot take any insights into ANY business relations, orders, etc. that happen with OpenPandora Ltd.

It's the same for OpenPandora GmbH: Craig doesn't have anything to do with my shop or my customers.

So I know as much as you in this case.

Craig, please can we have an update - even if it's to tell us funds may be delayed

This is an issue with googlecheckout and we're trying to solve it at the moment.
Google suspended ops checkhout account without informing them.as there was no pandoras being sent via this account for a while they simply cancelled it very unprofessional by google.you will without a shadow of a doubt get your money but when i cannot say.hope this helps.

Decided to use the email address given on the order page that Craigx had put in his post.

Got an email from Debs yesterday saying she had forwarded it to the right email address.

Had an email this morning asking for my bank details for the refund as Google checkout is having issues. Replied and got an email saying the money will be in my account in a few hours. Just checked and its there.

Sorry to have to bail on this project, but as I have said a few times, I'm in a bit of a pickle at the moment.

Good luck OP, I hope to buy a Pandora in the future when my finances are in check.

I too have received my refund - it was via Paypal but I was just glad the get the money back. Thanks all.

Right ive read through a few of these now and dont want to sound like a prick but surely everyone read through the boards before orderin, and must have been aware they were pre ordering a product that is not in final production from a small team of people.

They must have conciously put some thought process into making the decision whether they could afford to take a gamble on ordering the unit and having to be patient whilst waiting for the unit.

This info will also suggest that cause its such a small team with a hektic schedual emails unfortuinately are not going to be checked as quickly as a multi billion £ company like sony etc which have large dedicated customer support teams.

i know this only applys to a minority of people that are requesting refunds but it kinda looks bad on the pandora team when douches post coments about poor customer service and how unhappy they are when they have knowingly made a choise to go down the route of purchacing an item from a up and coming company. Either make the order and stick with it (believe me its totally worth it, and those who have canceled you ave just possibly made the worst decision you have made all year) or dont bother in the first place if your not patient enough to stick it out for the long run like the majority of people here have had too

I just wanted to add that I also cancelled recently and *did* get my refund. It took about a week or so for them to send me a (courteous) response and get the ball moving, but I had my refund within just a couple of days after that. I probably would have had it even faster, but due to the Google Checkout issues I needed to send them another mail with my Paypal info.

So, if anyone is worried about a collapse and thinks *that's* the reason they should rush for a refund: Don't. As I've said before, while OPT obviously had a lot of problems they need to sidestep for future projects, they *are* operating in the best of faith.

No one asked, but my reason for cancelling is: While I'm a huge Linux / Open Source supporter, things have just changed so much since I ordered years ago. I wanted the Pandora when it was a bleeding edge device... but now it's not, I turned 4-Oh.. and 4-One..., lost most of my interest in retro-gaming, have acquired a more powerful tablet, smartphone, and free Chromebook in the meantime... I just really don't know what I'd even use the Pandora for anymore.

So, best of luck to those hanging in there - and best wishes to OPT on their future endeavors. If I have any advice to Craig and ED, it's this: Write a book about all the issues you encountered along the way. Not only would you make a little money off it, but you could help others avoid all the pitfalls you had to learn the hard way. I never tried such an ambitious project myself, so I can't say I would have done any better than you.

Good luck and best wishes!

I ordered the Pandora when I was living at home in luxury, after moving onto campus, money started becoming harder to come by, and 400 AUD goes a long way.

I ordered mine from openpandorasales@gmail.com via Google Checkout.

I sent my first email on August 20th about a refund, got a response on October the 2nd saying that I would be refunded. I sent a reply email to them on October the 12th to double check they had the right bank/card details before they made any payments. It is now Novemeber the 2nd and I am hoping the money would get here soon, or at the very least a response from them.

Back