Forgotten about?

linc186

Still Fresh
Hello,

I ordered my pandora two years ago from sales@openpandora, paid for it, and got the confirmation from google checkout or whatever that service is called, I don't remember. About a year later, I decided to cancel the order and sent two emails that were never responded to and I never got a refund. I'm okay with it, though, because I still sort of wanted a Pandora so I left it alone. Since I never got a refund or even a response, I'm just hoping that the email was never seen and my order remained. I haven't looked at the project in quite a while though, in order to get my mind off the waiting game and then hopefully forget about it until one day I'm pleasantly surprised with a box at my doorstep, so I'm not sure how far along batch 2 is, or if it even ever started. Should have I received my Pandora by now, or should I still be waiting?

Well done for not rageing about customer service :)

The good news is that the new factory (global components in Germany) can make as many Pandoras as the team can sell.

Unfortunately various difficulties cause by the old manufacturers (circuitco of Texas, USA) have meant that old orders make a loss for OpenPandora

As new orders come in, OP get enough profit to fund old orders. If your order was never canceled, you're pandora will be shipped once a few more units have been sold at the new higher price.

It is also of note that all units shipped now have 512MB RAM and an improved silver case as standard.

There is also an upgrade to a 1GHz CPU, a downgrade to the old black cases and the ability to pay the full price of your pandora for faster delivery on offer

IIRC Google checkout were fooling around with OP's account a while back, so an update from the Official team may be needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still be waiting mate, I'd say so anyway.

I'm about 2 years too and still waiting, as are people that ordered even before that.

I think there are still around 1000 units from first batch to still be sent out.

Moral of the Story is tell as many people about the Pandora as you can.. it funds your orders.

or you could "upgrade" your order.. which means you would pay the difference of the current price and what you paid originally and be bumped to the front of the line. Optionally you can see about upgrading to the 1GHZ unit, but that is a tad bit more pricey.

Thanks for the speedy and polite responses! I think I'll just wait it out, seeing as I'm patient and don't really have cash on hand, and upgrading to the 1Ghz unit is kind of pointless considering the 600Mhz model is easily over-clockable to 900Mhz, and the 600Mhz model alone is incredibly capable and in the scope of all the wonderful things the pandora can do, it doesn't really matter. That's not to tell other people not to buy one (It means I get my order sooner!)

Thanks guys!

(Plus, don't lynch me, but I prefer the black case to the new silver one...)

(Plus, don't lynch me, but I prefer the black case to the new silver one...)
Why would we lynch you? Flamewars are much more fun ;)

It might be worth considering that the silver cases are stronger though...

It's also worth noting that all new Pandoras are being shipped with silver cases. If you really want a black case, sending an email or PM to either Craigix or EvilDragon (whomever you ordered from, UK or Germany) and asking for one is the only way to get one. I'm sure they'd be happy to oblige.

Oh, I was under the impression that all new orders were going to be silver. Well, if silver is the default, so be it. It's stronger, anyway.

Thanks for the speedy and polite responses! I think I'll just wait it out, seeing as I'm patient and don't really have cash on hand, and upgrading to the 1Ghz unit is kind of pointless considering the 600Mhz model is easily over-clockable to 900Mhz, and the 600Mhz model alone is incredibly capable and in the scope of all the wonderful things the pandora can do, it doesn't really matter. That's not to tell other people not to buy one (It means I get my order sooner!)

Thanks guys!

the benefit of the 3730 OMAP in the 1GHz Pandora is not the speed really, but the SGX graphics accelerator runs a bit faster.. It can make a bit of difference in 3D heavy games.

Also I prefer the Black cases.. just wish they held up better.

what is this polite guy doing on the interwebs forums? insanity i tell you.

either way, i ordered in early november of 2009, and am still waiting for my order to ship, so youre a bit behind me. i expect about Two Months™

Trying to dig through emails to find my order number to no avail... It's been two years and I've moved, and wanted to tell OP so I can change my shipping address. Is there any way OP will re-send it?

Back