Conventions?

Well Link ( as you probably know ) is not part of the official team - but he did show up the last time at the Portland retro gaming convention .

^

Was just discussing this last night.  Should be able to count me in for that.  Need to check on a booth. 

Now there's some good news!

I'll have to see about getting a ticket too.

Any other pandora owners, or prospective owners nearby?

Last edited by a moderator:
PAX East may be doable for me as well. Although I noticed the 3 day attendee registration is filled up already...

Been kicking around PAX in Boston.  A 10x10 booth is $1500.  It comes with 5 badges.   Will provide further details as more is learned and discussed with others who might split the booth with me.   

My tickets have been booked since the day they went on sale. I look forward to meeting you :D

Been kicking around PAX in Boston.  A 10x10 booth is $1500.  It comes with 5 badges.   Will provide further details as more is learned and discussed with others who might split the booth with me.   
Well if you can get a booth still and if just one or two more people are interested then I would be very interested in splitting the cost with you. If you find a home for all those tickets it's $300 a piece which isn't bad at all.

I've been wanting to go to PAX or any PAX for a long time.

If I could afford it, I'd go.  I'd even help man (or woman) your booth, Link, if you wanted, but if it costs more than the gas to get up there, and a cheap hotel with a big number 6 on the sign, I can't do it.

Yeah, the convention itself is the cheapest part of the whole thing. The hotel alone was $160 a night. :(

Yeah, the convention itself is the cheapest part of the whole thing. The hotel alone was $160 a night. :(
$160 a night in Boston during a convention?  That's actually very cheap.  I usually count on at least $200/night in that city.

"very cheap" doesn't change the fact that I'm still paying more per night than for 2 all weekend passes to the convention. The point was that the tickets themselves are relatively cheap and it's the accommodations that'll kill you.

A little tip from a local.

Get a cheaper hotel near the commuter line in the suburbs.

You'll spend 10 dollars on a train ticket, and save quite a bit on the hotel.

Can you be a little more specific?  I appreciate the thought, but telling someone who is not a local to learn the public transit system is not something I want to rely on.  For instance the Sunday morning train, does it run as frequently as the Friday/Saturday?

Give me some goods on "Hotel ABC is a half block from the U line, which is a direct route to the event.  When you walk out of the sewer, you are in front of the place." 

Some future events in planning for 2013:

E3 LA June 11-13

Too Many Games June 14-16 Philadelphia PA
Seattle Retro Gaming Expo July 13-14
O'Reilly Open Source Convention, July 22–26, Portland
Las Vegas Classic Gaming Expo Aug 11&12 (that's going to be F'n hot as hell)...dislike...
XO XO Festival Portland Sept 19-22
Portland Retro Gaming Expo Oct 5-6

*All this is tentative.  I was hoping for some kind of feedback here, but nobody seems to care. 

E3 LA June 11-13

Las Vegas Classic Gaming Expo Aug 11&12 (that's going to be F'n hot as hell)...dislike...

*All this is tentative.  I was hoping for some kind of feedback here, but nobody seems to care. 
Your presence at the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo (if you choose to be there) will probably be the deciding factor for me to go to this.  I would, of course, be sporting my own Pandora.

A little tip from a local.

Get a cheaper hotel near the commuter line in the suburbs.

As I said.

I don't pay for expensive hotel rooms.

I refuse to.

All I'm gonna do is sleep there, so it just needs to be clean and comfortable.

I personally prefer hotels that have a big number 6 or number 8 on their sign.

6 is preferred, just because dogs are ALWAYS welcome there.

E3 LA June 11-13

Your presence at the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo (if you choose to be there) will probably be the deciding factor for me to go to this.  I would, of course, be sporting my own Pandora.
We'll see what the reception is like at PAX-East & afterwords.  I'll announce other event bookings as they arise.  It's always great meeting other members of the community. 

Back