COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wear a suit and hat made of tinfoil. Problem solved.

So they’re not taking into account the amount of time before October last year that mobile phones and Wi-Fi routers/repeaters have been doing 5G as well? Or that current 5G roll out has essentially been reusing 4G bands? Or that it’s non-ionising radiation...?

So they’re not taking into account the amount of time before October last year that mobile phones and Wi-Fi routers/repeaters have been doing 5G as well? Or that current 5G roll out has essentially been reusing 4G bands? Or that it’s non-ionising radiation...?
They say that the 5G (but also 4G LTE) radiation could have effect on the blood that could make COVID-19 effects worse. It would be similar to the effect air pollution has on some diseases (making you more likely to catch them or die from them).
They base some claims on non peer-review studies and the studies they've done themselves were on a very small scale (and generally speaking, the effect of low-power radiowaves on the human body are complex to study), so it's more of a "there might be something there" and even if there is, it's unclear how strong the effect would be.

They say that the 5G (but also 4G LTE) radiation could have effect on the blood that could make COVID-19 effects worse. It would be similar to the effect air pollution has on some diseases (making you more likely to catch them or die from them).
They base some claims on non peer-review studies and the studies they've done themselves were on a very small scale (and generally speaking, the effect of low-power radiowaves on the human body are complex to study), so it's more of a "there might be something there" and even if there is, it's unclear how strong the effect would be.
Having read through the whole study, I see that they did address those questions to some extent but, as impressive/fascinating/disturbing a read as it was (and I only understood one non-peer-reviewed study of one of the authors to have been cited), it would have been more convincing if they had done a similar analysis for SARS and MERS. Also, although obviously rather difficult to achieve, an equivalent study should be carried out on pre-man-made-radio pandemics to act as a control because you can guarantee that MSM reporting of this particular study will focus on the first paragraph in their Discussion section. EDIT: There also doesn’t seem to be much discussion about the risk of their cherry picking studies...
EDIT II: I feel like they would be quite right about espousing the Precautionary Principle (to which the US generally seems pretty averse) because like James O’Brien says about mask wearing, if we were to continue with current 4G infrastructure without undertaking a large scale 5G roll out before conducting and analysing the further investigations called for in this article, would we really feel like we’d significantly missed out...?

I guess maybe in ~50 years’ time what remains of humanity will look back on things like this in the same way as we’re looking back on oil companies etc. that knew about the effects of their industry on climate change >50 years ago...

Last edited:
I scheduled a COVID-19 test for tomorrow. I’ve been out in public on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday this week, so I feel like I’ve had a lot of opportunities for exposure. Plus, I always have at least two symptoms of COVID-19, so I cleared that bar easily.

On the subject of PCR tests, it would appear (anecdotally) that if you’re a wealthy person and you’re travelling to places particularly wealthy people like to go for financial reasons and your reason for travel is ostensibly for business, then those administering the test on your nostril (note: not plural) will barely even so much as show the first centimetre of the swab a single nasal hair before placing it in the test tube...

WHO: Omicron has yet to cause a single death as of December tenth.
UK: We predict 75,000 Omicron deaths.
Depends on how you count. Some countries count positively tested people that die from other causes as covid deaths.

Omicron will cause a lot more people to get covid but less people have to go to the hospital due to it. But due to massive amounts of sick people you could have other causes of death then covid itself.
Like not getting care on time due to having a lot of people that require care. But currently that doesn't look to be the case either, about 1% could end up in hospital for any kind of care and a tiny part of this would actually die from it.
Vaccination currently has a report death count* of 0.0022% (10.128 for ~460 million) which is almost as safe a omicron**, and you don't want to get the covid (original and/or delta) and omicron at the same time so vaccination could still help.
*Source: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/safety/adverse-events.html
*Source: https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/omicron-deaths/

Vaccination currently has a report death count* of 0.0022% (10.128 for ~460 million)
Fair enough, but judging by the colour here:
By my reckoning I think that colour they've painted the US means there are at least 6836 deaths from all causes per million people in the US every year. By my calculation that works out to be 0.6836%. Makes me wonder how they can hope to discover a piddling 0.0022% death rate amongst all of those people falling down dead for other reasons.

I got my results on a Sunday, surprisingly enough. Negative. With the vaccinations and booster, I should've suspected as much.

Yes, I guess someone old with quite some comorbidities, and it's hard to say whether it was actually the covid omicron that got them in the end.
Hmmm, WHO says UK had 13 COVID-19 deaths on 2021-12-13. If 20% of cases are Omicron but only one death, that means the 80% of non-Omicron COVID killed 12 people. So it would say Omicron kills 1/3 as much as the rest of COVID.
But of course we don't have enough data yet. And Omicron is too recent, normally it takes several weeks for someone to die of COVID-19. We'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back