COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
1640012502518.png

My state's governor is giving a COVID-19 update today. I'm hoping he coordinated with President Biden, so he doesn't undercut Biden's message tomorrow.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...response-team-and-public-health-officials-74/ ?

‘For the unvaccinated, you’re looking at a winter of severe illness and death for yourselves, your families, and the hospitals you may soon overwhelm’

undercut that message? That was 3 days ago! (the 17th)
Wow, that's an actual quote... we'll see how well that will age, they could be right and they could also be a bit too harsh there.

I like this part from the press release:
"Our vaccines work against Omicron, especially for people who get booster shots when they are eligible. If you are vaccinated, you could test positive."

They do emphasize this part, that vaccinated people usually aren't hospitalized. But still, the term 'immune' still gives me the impression of not getting infected at all.

I read the same thing for AZ but I couldn't find the source for this news, as this publication wasn't public yet.
If this behavior has ever seen before I couldn't confirm yet, usually it's indeed the opposite and requires a booster to improve immunity.
Mmmm... Then it would be 2 studies.
But it got me thinking.... a little paranoically...
You have Moderna and Pfizer with decreasing antibodies with the passing months...
You have J&J and AZ with (allegedly) increasing antibodies with the passing months...
But they're giving J&J and AZ recipients a dose of Pfizer or half a dose of Moderna after some months (>=3)...

For someone who got 2 doses of AZ and some months later one or half mRNA dose
or 1 dose of J&J and then some months later one or half mRNA dose

What will their antibody levels do ???

I assume they will increase, quite a lot compared with just the day before the booster, but after the initial boost ?
But what about 6 or 8 months after the boost ?
Will they increase because they got AZ or J&J in the beginning and they had the levels increasing already ?
Or will they decrease because they decrease after mRNA vaccines when a few months pass ?
Is there any chance the mRNA booster will result in people having fewer antibodies a few months down the road than those who didn't get a booster ?

I assume we haven't had time to test this yet, have we ? There are trials with boosters (at least in vitro), but I don't think they look at many months after the booster. They can't yet, can they ?

I guess it's just that I can't wrap my mind around a vaccine that causes someone to keep increasing antibody levels forever...

Context:
1640042285075.png

Maybe this is more intuitive:
1640042327665.png

See, Japan is entering it's 27th wave.

But of the countries I track S. Korea is the most relatively fucked:
1640042417637.png

FYI:
1640042551008.png

Money:
1640042583258.png

Attachments

• 1640042494976.png
    1640042494976.png
    20.6 KB · Views: 58
See, Japan is entering it's 27th wave.
I don't think you can make any real assumptions out of discrete data points of less than one! I've no idea how they plot that data and why china's numbers keep going up and down between 0.01 and 0.001 of a case, but perhaps there's some sin wave continuing, if the data supplier fourier transforms the data down to sin waves for presentation purposes and then rerenders it out.

it's log scale.

Peru explanation:

"Following a review by Peru's government, the criteria for recording Covid deaths have been broadened out to include people who died within 60 days of a positive test, as well as suspected cases without a positive test"

(angling for aide)

Last edited:

The CDC says Omicron now makes up 73% of new COVID-19 cases in the US. Still waiting on President Biden's address later today.

Yes, I'm aware of that. I don't think that contradicts any of my criticism of them plotting it to below 1 does it?
Well, China has 1 400 000 000 citizens.
0,001 cases per 100 000 people are still 14 cases. They may have considering that plotting it as 0 wouldn't give the true picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back