COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS is reporting that the US government will announce later today that boosters of the two mRNA COVID-19 vaccines will be recommended for everyone eight months after their second shot, with supply to match.

I’ll let you know in October if the booster maims me in any way.

Edit: Here, have a link.

Last edited:
Not particularly superspreaders, but they can spread the virus just like unvaccinated people. So there's definitely a risk of vaccinated people acting like they can't get contaminated and spreading the virus.
How do you become a superspreader of a virus that is extremely deadly? Do you get revived from death after it kills you and spread it as a zombie?

No, but it seems there are a few days before you develop symptoms, and reportedly you can be contagious then, and then it takes weeks for you to get so ill that you die, but most of those you're confined to your bed, so the immediate range of first party transmission is limited. We know it takes weeks because the stats on the number of people dying lags the reports of numbers of people in hospital by the factor of weeks.

On my Daylie Way to work, i come across a Corona Test Center, and often the Peaple stand bevor it and waiting whitout a Mask,
I wonder how this should work? Do they believe the Test do save them from Corona so they dont protect them self?

I know even when i get my second Vacine and wait 2 Weeks, im also not 100 % Save, but at least i dont have to bring me in Danger to get the Virus in such an Test Center..

I wonder how this should work? Do they believe the Test do save them from Corona so they dont protect them self?
Maybe they just take the test because they are being forced to (e.g. for their work or to go on vacation) and do not care anymore about corona after having "suffered" through it's supposed pandemic for 1.5 years while hardly seeing corona do anything. Where I live most people also lost their fear and almost no one wears a mask anymore. Even the most die-hard mask wearers are now starting to go without because they simply stand out as a sore thumb when they do wear a mask and no one appreciates it when they wear a mask.

But isnt it the danger to get the Virus on these Mass Gatherings like the Test Centers?
If you are Negative bevor, you go to the center, someone cauth at you, and you are Positive ..
Therefore im happy to get my second shot next week, so i can stay away from other peaple if i dont have to..

If you are Negative before, you go to the center, someone cought at you, and you are Positive ..
Exactly, and so listen to minute 1:25 in this video, where the asian? kid says:

"After the vaccination they had to give me a PCR screening test"

But isnt it the danger to get the Virus on these Mass Gatherings like the Test Centers?
Assuming that CoViD-19 really is as dangerous as they originally said, then yes. But if someone knows that CoViD-19 is generally mild and that someone only goes to testing because it is mandated for something that he wants or needs, then it makes perfect sense that he would stand there without mask among the maskless people.

A similar thing happened on my father's job, where many of the few hundreds of people that work there lost their fear of CoViD-19 due to them not getting it at all or getting it and experiencing nothing but regular flu-like symptoms. As a result many people there stopped obeying the measures. However, they still go to testing because the company that employs them forces them to. For these people it makes perfect sense to stand in such a line without mask because they just need the test for their job and do not actually care about CoViD-19 anymore.

Ok, allthough i still believe Corona is something you dont want to get, even if its only deadly for the Risk Groups, so i decide to get vacinatet, and stay away from big grouths of peaple..

Its a shame the Peaple are that insecure currently

On my Daylie Way to work, i come across a Corona Test Center, and often the Peaple stand bevor it and waiting whitout a Mask,
There's evidence to show that infection outside of an indoor area is quite unlikely, in comparison to that inside a closed building with infectious agents. But nobody's quantified that yet as far as I know, and nobody really knows the reason why expect from the fact there are less walls outside to infection particles tend to spread in all directions, giving you less of a viral load. Assuming people queuing outside, this might have something to do with it however.

Ok, allthough i still believe Corona is something you dont want to get, even if its only deadly for the Risk Groups,
You are more likely to break a leg than get.... oh, nevermind.
Post automatically merged:

There's evidence to show that infection outside of an indoor area is quite unlikely, in comparison to that inside a closed building with infectious agents.
Hurray for open cubicles. *cough*

Is there more detail on whether or not this is obligatory? He describes it as “they hope to get get through 24,000 students” and tells parents that it’s an “opportunity they should grasp” but doesn’t go as far - in that 44s clip at least - as saying that it’s compulsory. Also, when anyone’s being vaccinated during respiratory pandemics, surely they want as few people as possible physically present to reduce the risk of contamination/super spreader events etc.

Basically, such clips and captions are limited in their effect other than as click bait because they lack too much context.

Well, i wasnt expect suffer that long from such a E-Bike Incidens: I had a pretty good Motorbike Training whit 16 for the 125 ccm Bike, i have all big Driving Licenses, (Bus and Semi Truck), i have Driving Experience since more than 20 Years for Motorized Bikes, and much more for Bicycles..

So i cant say i want get Corona, only because i ditnt got it yet, i think i had just a lot of luck, so taking a bit care on some of the Safety Things like Distance and Mask and Vaccine where mandatory for me

click bait

But on a more serious note:

>>Is there more detail on whether or not this is obligatory?
Not yet, it's just by coercion, for now. (unlike the "certain" jobs where it's mandatory)

old data:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back