COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so vaccinated, I could lick a mink. That said, I'm getting a little worried about COVID-19 again, because I have a temperature right now that, while not high, is higher than average for me.

I'll get my meds in half an hour though. Then I can pass out for three hours, and hopefully my temperature will drop a bit.

I could lick a mink.

Back of the queue. :p

SAFcdvuz.jpg

My temperature did drop a bit. 97.3 is still kinda high for me for this time of night, but I think I'm fine.

The reason I'm concerned is that I have birthday activities both later today and on my birthday that I don't want to miss. Also don't want to miss my doctor's appointment on the 19th, the one about CHEK2.

My temperature did drop a bit. 97.3 is still kinda high for me for this time of night, but I think I'm fine.

The reason I'm concerned is that I have birthday activities both later today and on my birthday that I don't want to miss. Also don't want to miss my doctor's appointment on the 19th, the one about CHEK2.
Happy Birthday! ...in advance :$

Reactions: rSl
There's currently a sh*tload of propaganda on the french mainstream medias.
You literally can't open TV or radio without immediately listening to someone talking in favor of mandatory vaccination.

I had trouble getting up at 6:15 for my medicine this morning. Took my temp just now for kicks, and it's 98.1 in the morning, about a degree higher than my morning average. I mean, I was around hundreds of people at a public park yesterday without my mask on, but I wouldn't get anything this quickly, right? I had the vaccine, darnit.

Remember that I actually believe NDEs too, so that link I posted about the guy with Jesus telling him COVID-19 would get worse before it gets better is freaking me out a bit.

Edit: To be fair though, that link says we can avoid the worst case scenario by making a good decision in 2023. So I guess nothing too bad happens before then either.

Last edited:
I had trouble getting up at 6:15 for my medicine this morning. Took my temp just now for kicks, and it's 98.1 in the morning, about a degree higher than my morning average. I mean, I was around hundreds of people at a public park yesterday without my mask on, but I wouldn't get anything this quickly, right? I had the vaccine, darnit.
I have not worn my muzzle over my nose for months (and I breath through my nose) and nowadays I do not wear it at all. I never got Corona. I doubt it goes that fast. On the other hand, I know people who are very rigorous with wearing their muzzles and who still supposedly got Corona (though it acted like the common flu).

I have not worn my muzzle over my nose for months (and I breath through my nose) and nowadays I do not wear it at all. I never got Corona. I doubt it goes that fast. On the other hand, I know people who are very rigorous with wearing their muzzles and who still supposedly got Corona (though it acted like the common flu).
Let’s hope that, should you ever need an op and the surgeon decides not to wear their mask, you don’t suffer any infection as a result...

I think you should stop listening to the news, go out see some trees, and never watch TV nor listen to politicians again.
I mean, the claims he makes are interesting. That COVID-19 only spreads on aerosols, which only come out during sneeze or cough, not by breathing alone. He says if we just start using special "cough masks" to cover our coughs and sneezes, we can eliminate coronaviruses completely, without even having to wear the masks all the time.

He says there will be a critical decision about whether or not to fund these special masks in 2023 though. He says if we screw up, Earth's population will fall below 100,000 before COVID-19 dies out.

My temp dropped back down to 97.3 degrees, so I'm not freaking out anymore. At least, not about COVID-19. Just needed a good nap.

Reactions: rSl
Let’s hope that, should you ever need an op and the surgeon decides not to wear their mask, you don’t suffer any infection as a result...
There is no need to worry about that because surgeons wear masks during surgeries, so your hypothetical is unrealistic.

I am not sure what point you are trying to make, though. Is it that we must live our daily lives as if we are always as vulnerable as we would be during a surgery? Or is it that masks, when used improperly like most people did, are as effective as the masks that are used like a surgeon would use it during a surgery? Of course they ought to keep hospitals properly sterilised, hospitals collect people with fragile health, and especially during surgery people are vulnerable. But that is not how daily life works. Do you also wear a helmet in the supermarket because construction workers need to wear one? Or do you wear a motorcycle helmet when riding in the bus?

Either way I am glad that the CoViD-19 fear is lessening in the Netherlands. Back when the CoViD-19 fear mongering began, people were panicking and hoarding toilet paper; but now they willing ditch the muzzle and just want to live as normal again. After 1.5 years of a pandemic that mostly exists on the news, it seems that people finally lost most their fear. Of course, some still wear their muzzle, and I respect people's freedom to muzzle up, but I prefer to see people willing to go back to actual normal again.

Having said that, the CoViD-19 measures are far from over. It was never about the virus and like I said way back when most people still thought that this would all end soon, it is not ending anytime soon. The Dollar is still nearing it's collapse, and a great power shift is still unavoidable. But at least for now it is loosening up a bit, until they tighten it up again.

I'm kind of glad this thread is still full of virus deniers and believers. Kind of puts the current hoohah the UK government has self generated by saying it's no longer necessary to wear a mask when travelling by bus for example, but today all the ministers were saying that really, you should into context. If that's the case, why not make it illegal to travel by bus without a mask on? Thoroughly confusing.

Remember that I actually believe NDEs too, so that link I posted about the guy with Jesus telling him COVID-19 would get worse before it gets better is freaking me out a bit.

Edit: To be fair though, that link says we can avoid the worst case scenario by making a good decision in 2023. So I guess nothing too bad happens before then either.

Again. The vaccine does not confer immunity. You can still catch COVID. The vaccine will drastically reduce the chances that you will die from a COVID infection.
Masks do not prevent you from catching COVID. They prevent you from spreading it as easily should you be infected and unaware. You do not wear a mask to protect yourself, you wear a mask to lessen the risk to those around you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back