COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
If a disease has no symptoms then what do my grandparents have to fear form it? Even the flu gives me very noticeable symptoms when I have it, so I would definitely notice it if I had a disease that is equal or worse than that.
Just because you have no symptoms, doesn't mean that it'll be the same for anyone else that catches it, especially the elderly.

More and more people are protesting in France:

Just because you have no symptoms, doesn't mean that it'll be the same for anyone else that catches it, especially the elderly.
So the same load that is too weak to do anything to unvaccinated me at all, could be strong enough to e.g. kill my vaccinated grandpa? How can it be that it is much weaker than the flu when I have it yet much stronger than the flu when one of my grandparents get it?

More and more people are protesting in France:
That would not suprise me at all, France is supposedly terrible now. We wanted to drive through Spain and stop in France along the way but there is no way that we are going anywhere near that hell hole now. Too bad, France used to be a nice country. I can even read the language a bit. At least they will soon be rid of CoViD-19, right?
Nope, they will not.

So the same load that is too weak to do anything to unvaccinated me at all, could be strong enough to e.g. kill my vaccinated grandpa? How can it be that it is much weaker than the flu when I have it yet much stronger than the flu when one of my grandparents get it?
That's a good question and we don't really have enough data yet to tell. But what we do know already is that for days before you feel the first symptom, you're infectious. There's some evidence that the level of internal fats (mainly those in your liver) influence your chance of getting long covid after an infection, so it seems reasonable to me that the level of fatty liver you have affects the severity of the disease, although I'm probably oversimplifying there. And while your grandpa being vaccinated should reduce the severity of the disease if he gets it, it doesn't do much to stop him getting it if exposed to it, and perhaps he's old enough or just has enough comorbidities that even a weakened disease might do him off.

perhaps he's old enough or just has enough comorbidities that even a weakened disease might do him off.
Yet we never had people talking about this before even though the flu, which has been with us for a long time, kills elderly too. And with good reason, elderly need contact with their families and putting them in a militaristic style quarantine where everyone has to be tested before seeing them would be horrible for them. It would make them miserable for their last few years of life and might even kill them, ironically.

I am happy to report that a new organization, the Galactic Excellence Organization has released their first public service announcement regarding the issue. View attachment 37432
Uhm. That was tongue-in-cheeck right? I use old traditional methods, like blood-letting. All that modern stuff like radiation therapy is too weird.

The graph image is also weird. So it shows 2 consecutive years? And the Y-axis, what does it measure? Deaths? Positive Cases? And if the peak goes from 60K to 1.5K, isn't that a good thing? Is the top one deaths in 2021, and the lower average deaths of past years? You cropped too much information, so the image becomes useless unless you know how to get to the sourcers. (pun intended: Galactic flying sources)

Wikipedia has an entry on their covid misinformation page about ADE. In short, not observed in the population.
Don't trust Wikipedia 100%. For example, they quote "In India, baseless rumours spread saying that people were being taken to care centres and killed to harvest their organs", while it was a family that had one family member go to the hospital and suddenly die and his body disposed of, without the family being able to retrieve the body; which is conveniently kept out of wikipedia. And this kind of harvesting is pretty common, more than the ice-in-bathtub kind popularized in movies.

For example, they quote "In India, baseless rumours spread saying that people were being taken to care centres and killed to harvest their organs", while it was a family that had one family member go to the hospital and suddenly die and his body disposed of, without the family being able to retrieve the body; which is conveniently kept out of wikipedia. And this kind of harvesting is pretty common, more than the ice-in-bathtub kind popularized in movies.
Yes, but we saw examples of bodies being burned at the back of hospitals in India. You can't have the body back, but you can have some ashes the may be your relative or someone else.

You know, for all this talk about Delta, deaths are still near their lowest point of the pandemic here in the US, not even as high as they were at the beginning of May. They're only at like one-eighth of their overall peak in the winter right now. Delta may spread more, but it seems to kill less.

Delta may spread more, but it seems to kill less.
It's summer. It's expected to be low. Just look at Australia (southern hemisphere, now winter) for what we will get in the winter (of the northern hemisphere). Indeed, they had their first covid death last month! (gasp)

You know, for all this talk about Delta, deaths are still near their lowest point of the pandemic here in the US, not even as high as they were at the beginning of May. They're only at like one-eighth of their overall peak in the winter right now. Delta may spread more, but it seems to kill less.
The vaccines are reducing the number of deaths. A lot of the people who were most likely to die of covid have been fully vaccinated now.

If a disease has no symptoms then what do my grandparents have to fear form it? Even the flu gives me very noticeable symptoms when I have it, so I would definitely notice it if I had a disease that is equal or worse than that.
Seems like waiting two weeks to see them would be a reasonable compromise...

My daughter is now in a quarantine facility. It's basically jail for the next N days. Exactly what I feared and the reason I urged them to postpone the trip.

But it gets worse: My in-laws are blaming me, saying I brought covid back from the pub. It's complete bullshit I didn't even go to the pub because we were moving flats. We almost surely got covid from the movers but they are keen on smug little self-righteous explanations and blaming foreigners.

Last edited:
Seems like waiting two weeks to see them would be a reasonable compromise...
Waiting 2 weeks for what? Until the curve is flat? I could wait 2 weeks, but not 1.5+ year. Besides, I knew pretty early on that the deadliness of the virus was highly exeggarated and that the measures were here to stay for much longer than was announced. That foresight also made me act differently than I would have if I had believed the MSM that the measures were only for a few months or that CoViD-19 can kill anyone within a few days.

My daughter is now in a quarantine facility. It's basically jail for the next N days. Exactly what I feared and the reason I urged them to postpone the trip.

But it gets worse: My in-laws are blaming me, saying I brought covid back from the pub. It's complete bullshit I didn't even go to the pub because we were moving flats. We almost surely got covid from the movers but they are keen on smug little self-righteous explanations and blaming foreigners.
Yup, that is how TPTB do it. They did it during last Orwellian regime here as well, when Jew sympathisers were framed as scum which destroyed the country by not being hostile to Jews. Nowadays they also put people against each other, they frame it as that the people who do not comply hurt the people who comply. This makes no sense as the people who comply get vaccinated and since vaccines are supposedly always safe and effective this should make the people who comply immune. But supposedly, the vaccines are very effective yet not really because you can still get it and transmit it when you are vaccinated and the vaccines only reduce symptoms except not really because your symptoms have a significant chance to be worse than those of the unvaccinated guy whom you got The Virus from. You would think that people not getting vaccinated would be good for the vaccinated because it means that more carriers are forced to stay home or die and thus cannot transmit The Virus, while the vaccinated get less symptoms from The Virus when they get it and thus have a greater chance to leave their house while having The Virus and transmit it.

This time the framing of the non-compliant definitely requires tons of double-think, but avid news watchers generally have no problem doing that.

Either way, good luck with your family. Try to keep peace, tough as it may be.

Thanks Lambda.

Can some recommend an IOS & Android video chat app that does not require a phone number? I can't get in touch with my daughter without going through my wife who is completely brainwashed (against me).

A messenger that works on an iPad (no sim) and an android phone. Nothing i have tried has worked. Please only recommend something you have had recent success with (I can google too...)

Can some recommend an IOS & Android video chat app that does not require a phone number?

Sadly, I have not used any of these services, so I have no idea if you can get a surprise call by a dude showing his genitals.

If you are not that lazy in need of a quick solution, try to host your own video conferencing jitsi: https://jitsi.org/downloads/
QZCX2gBln1s
Edit: Better explanation:

It should be able to run locally, and you give your child your ip address (https://www.whatismyip.com/)

Last edited:
Can some recommend an IOS & Android video chat app that does not require a phone number? I can't get in touch with my daughter without going through my wife who is completely brainwashed (against me).

A messenger that works on an iPad (no sim) and an android phone. Nothing i have tried has worked. Please only recommend something you have had recent success with (I can google too...)
Discord.

Thank you ElPoco that worked.

My daughter is in good spirits despite incarceration. Due to be released on the 17th, I am free on the 12th, a bit disappointing. They are supposed to test her everyday but they haven't been. At least she's not in solitary confinement or doing manual labour.

Last edited:
233659094_10225612293472498_863616042553255402_n.jpg

In the UK it's very simple, anti-vaxers are by-and-large those who did not vote for the incumbent conservative government and are anti-everything Boris says.

But being anti-everything you lose credibility fast. I don't have any time for people who still say covid is a hoax or refuse to wear masks. These people probably don't have anyone they care about affected by covid because they have few or no friends. Sorry if i'm describing you / get a life. Personally, I enjoy society and will wear a mask and get vaxed because it's a small sacrifice and ultimately I'm being selfish in wanting normal life back asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back