COVID-19 / Coronavirus Pandemic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been vaccinated twice and I got my last shot almost a year ago.
As I plan to visit the Gamescom and an other game exhibition, do you think it makes sense to get a third shot?
I'm leaning towards it, but I'm not sure how well the old vaccine still is effective against all the new variants.
My plan was to wait for the new vaccine, however after the Gamescom I most likely won't meet too many people and the third shot would be pretty obsolete by then,

My dad is staying at my older sister’s house right now, and he might have to stay longer, as my nephew might have COVID. I didn’t get the specifics, but I think they’re waiting on the results of a PCR test.

As I plan to visit the Gamescom and an other game exhibition, do you think it makes sense to get a third shot?
I'd have thought it would make more sense to adopt non spreader habits like wearing a mask, and washing your hands regularly.

I'd have thought it would make more sense to adopt non spreader habits like wearing a mask, and washing your hands regularly.
I don't want to wear a mask the whole day.
Gave me a terrible headache each time I had to at University.

BA.4 and BA.5 now make up a third of US cases. The Northeast seems to be the best at dodging BA.5, perhaps because they just got over a COVID wave.

I'm leaning towards it, but I'm not sure how well the old vaccine still is effective against all the new variants.
My plan was to wait for the new vaccine, however after the Gamescom I most likely won't meet too many people and the third shot would be pretty obsolete by then,
Wearing a mask at a con sounds like a good idea to limit the spread.
As for your own protection, the protection from vaccines seem to wane after a few months. So getting a third shot sounds like a good idea.

But you probably shouldn't get medical advice from a handheld computing forum.

Reactions: rSl
The daily case average is dropping in the US. At this point, I’m unsure if BA.4 and BA.5 can drive it back up. We might be reaching the end of COVID. *knocks on wood*

For people of my age and a bit beyond, covid whatever seems to still knock you out of action for a few days at the least. For the elderly or people with underlying comorbidities, I wouldn't like to find out what it does.

For people of my age and a bit beyond, covid whatever seems to still knock you out of action for a few days at the least. For the elderly or people with underlying comorbidities, I wouldn't like to find out what it does.
Makes me wonder why almost everyone in Wuhan died, many by dropping dead ln the streets. Was Wuhan like Benidorm on steroids?

This just in: One in five US COVID survivors report long COVID symptoms, study finds.

Also just in: One in five US adults report paranoia. Scientists are calling this phenomenon “millennial syndrome”.

covid is so over unless your regime can't let go. eg china zero covid and now american Medical Industrial Complex coercing vaccines on children. shameless fucking assholes.

Last edited:
covid is so over unless your regime can't let go. eg china zero covid and now american medical industrial complex coercing vaccines on children. shameless fucking assholes.
Don't quite young kids get the MMR vaccine as is? I think the age for first dose is at 18 months. I also was given the Polio vaccine before I was toddling, but they may not give that any more.

The start of infections in Wuhan was well before effective vaccines had been developed. I'm assuming most of the people reading me here have been vaccinated.
That cannot be the right explanation because it fails to account for the many months between covid-19 entering other places and the first mRNA injections coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back