Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the hospital situation is all that bad. I've not been able to work out the ratio of cures against incoming hospitalisations yet because there's an unknown offset involved here, but it's far from being 100% clearly enough. Recently it's been reported that CPAP machines (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure) machines can be an effective treatment for those that aren't so ill they need to be ventilated. I understand that the prime minister was brought out on intensive care using such a machine.

Last edited:
You don't think the hospital situation is all that bad based on what evidence ?
It's the same in UK as in every who welcomed the virus, if you don't get the information directly from inside the intensive care, you know nothing because the mainstream medias are under a f*cking tight control.
I know one real person being an intensive care chief, and another one through my gf, and what they say is the same as what the regional newspaper were/are saying.

In UK, if you add the 7300 "omitted" deaths, there's already more dead people than Spain.

With your wild guesses, you are putting yourself and your family/friends in danger because you heavily underestimate the danger.

--ADDED:
Lack of strategy isn't a strategy:

Last edited:
An emergency airlift of Romanian farm workers has landed in Britain to save its agricultural industry amid the Covid-19 crisis. To Britain’s shame, farmers cannot find ‘experienced workers’ to pick asparagus and other vegetables.

Don't get angry I just lifted that text from RT, and you know they have a bias/spin.

I'm not angry, I just underlined a common situation, where people of a country stops doing "manual" works, maybe also lamenting that "they can't find a job", and those jobs are then taken by people from other countries in need of money

With your wild guesses, you are putting yourself and your family/friends in danger because you heavily underestimate the danger.
My 'wild guesses' are strictly related to my discussion on the internet, I assure you. In terms of real life, my family unit is all isoltaed across three or four sites to avoid bumping into anyone we don't know has also kept safe. And my 'wild guesses' are largely influenced by what I read on wikipedia and a podcast made by hospital doctors, who reckon the peak in their hospital was the easter weekend. If I've made mathematical errors in adding up the numbers then that's my fault though, but I don't see a need to be quite so offensive about it.

Actually, all my posts are defensive because we're under attack. I have no problem acknowledging I'm going too far.

An elderly center is completely winning the battle against the virus because they applied a total lockdown:

The government will add an exception to the current lockdown, authorizing visits in elderly centers starting tomorrow:

Last edited:
NY-times report on difference between averages and current deaths for some countries:

ny-time_corona.png

Or due to corona measures statistically normal deaths go unnoticed for longer? Or statistically normal deaths got postponed, for the dying want to see how the corona crisis plays out (or want to see the Pyra happening).

@TeDaDeS got that 1/3 (33%) from my own math today, using figures my mom gave me.

Anyway, USA stopped following the WHO for getting their numbers and exagerated extrapolations; instead they go back using the real numbers and work with those, they also stopped funding the WHO.

This means Bill Gates is now the biggest contributor to the WHO.

Or due to corona measures statistically normal deaths go unnoticed for longer? Or statistically normal deaths got postponed, for the dying want to see how the corona crisis plays out (or want to see the Pyra happening).
I can also imagine stress, not being able to get help/medication and missing doctors appointments contribute.
And maybe people that are already ill still get the virus and pass away, then are registered with their original illness mentioned.

Hopefully the intention of the graph is not to prove the virus is downplayed, but to show there are many more deaths then usual and the virus somehow had influence there.
So secondary casualties, the impact might not only be people directly getting sick.

On top of that you get the economic fall-out which might claim even more casualties in the long term because people can't afford care or the hospitals provide lower quality care.

@TeDaDeS got that 1/3 (33%) from my own math today, using figures my mom gave me.
That sounded like homework :)
But I can imagine people are learning more about statistics now and in general it's a good application of math, you can easily prove you can safe lives with it nowadays.

So basically Bill Gates owns the WHO now.

I do not want a COVID-19 vaccine. I do not need it—it's just an unnecessary risk to me. I've worked hard to become healthy and as a result I'm much too healthy for COVID-19 to be a danger to me.

I can also imagine stress, not being able to get help/medication and missing doctors appointments contribute.
And maybe people that are already ill still get the virus and pass away, then are registered with their original illness mentioned.
My post was regarding just Sweden like PowerGod's.

So basically Bill Gates owns the WHO now.

I do not want a COVID-19 vaccine. I do not need it—it's just an unnecessary risk to me. I've worked hard to become healthy and as a result I'm much too healthy for COVID-19 to be a danger to me.
But maybe - just maybe - there are people you care about. And maybe some of those could suffer from the virus way worse than you. And maybe some of those cannot be vaccinated themselves.

But maybe - just maybe - there are people you care about. And maybe some of those could suffer from the virus way worse than you. And maybe some of those cannot be vaccinated themselves.
We seen the same thing with some people not vaccinating at all, you see old illnesses pop-up again (like measles) and some vaccinated people can get sick to.
A lot of people need a vaccination, or need to build-up resistance by becoming ill, for a group to become resistant to a virus.

Yes, all vaccines have a success rate. I don't know if it's because they didn't produce antibodies in response to the vaccine, or because the antibodies are somehow ineffective, or just because the virus has changed sufficiently, but it's an observed effect of all vaccines as far as I know. But provided enough people gain resistance, you get an effect known as herd immunity. People can still get sick, but they're unlikely to be able to pass the virus on (which is also known as an reproductive rate of less than 1), so the virus runs out of places to go.

Most people knew the CARES act in the US wasn't perfect, but now we see the 'good' part (helping small business get a loan to bridge the gap) is also misused.
Possibly because the loan applications are handled by the banks and those bank favor companies that owe the largest amount of money.

"Hundreds of millions of dollars of Paycheck Protection Program emergency funding has been claimed by large, publicly traded companies, new research published by Morgan Stanley shows."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back