Covid-19 (Coronavirus) - Please stay safe, y'all

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ECB (European Central Bank) has now sudo rights through the Pandemic Emergency Purchase Program, (PEPP). It can now buy up to 100% of a state's obligations, meaning that it can own a country and squeeze it like Greece.

• Wow
Reactions: rSl
A Cambridge University study shows that there's three types of mutated covid-19, and also shows where they are located in the world:

Deaths in elderly centers are also not counted in UK:

UK point of view about France:

Some French hospitals still uses plastic trash bags as protective gear:

"BlackRock, one of the world’s largest investors in banks and fossil fuel companies, has been hired by the EU to work on potential new environmental rules for banks."

Meanwhile it really doesn't affect what we need to do right now to isolate cases and find a decent vaccine for this, which will allow us to forget about it and go back to our normal lives.
The scorched earth policy would be effective and it could be implemented now - no need to wait for a vaccine that might be developed sometime in the future.

So far in brazil we are at 7 deads per million. That is super low considering we only started doing the confinments at the same time as the US and political battles here dictates every state and city is acting by its own. We are a turism country and we just had summer and carnaval all going loose.

edit:typo

Last edited:
So far in brazil we are at 7 deads per millon. That is super low considering we only started doing the confinments at the same time as the US and political battles here dictates every state and city is acting by its own. We are a turism country and we just had summer and carnaval all going loose.

Maybe the "high environmental temperature that kills viruses" story, could be true then...

Reactions: rSl
I kind of don´t know, I see hot countries with higher rates, maybe it is a combination of a lot of things. We are a miserable country without basic sanitation whatsoever, maybe we are stronger in body defense cause we drink "shit" or are constantly exposed to harm? Who knows, but so far it is not picking up.

A friend just told me some stuff about clorochine, I will try a google translation:
Well, the pathophysiology of Covid-19 is well described in this article below.

To summarize: the injury that SARS-Cov 2 causes in hemoglobin is consistent with that of the malaria plasmodium (which removes iron from the heme molecule through the digestion of hemoglobin). The result is a toxic by-product, and free iron that is deposited in the lungs and gives the “frosted glass” type stains.
What happens then? People desaturate early (before respiratory distress syndrome, or ARDS), because they do not have hemoglobin to carry O2 (and there is no point in intubating at this stage because the lung is still working).
After the lung is saturated with free iron, all covered with "frosted glass" stains, it's gone.
What to do? Covid-19 is a hematological, non-pulmonary disease. The lungs are not the target, but the blood is. Lung injuries are a side effect of iron release. The thing is to prevent the breakdown of hemoglobin with any drugs BEFORE the patient develops SARS.
This is EXACTLY what chloroquine (or some quinoline) does, either by binding to the heme group, or by another process not yet fully known (such as inhibition of ferriprotoporphyrin-IX polymerase).
Chloroquine then disrupts the parasite's detoxification mechanism and converts the toxic by-product of hemoglobin digestion into hemozoin, which is inert and non-toxic, leading the parasite to death (process described in the other article, the link of which is in the first comment)

here both links:

Well, if that drug can help before SARS kicks in, that would be awesome, but one has to take it with some ketchup as there seems to be a flood of papers these days shooting hypothesis everywhere.

Yes, I take it that's an arxiv-like site where papers are published in the open before being peer reviewed, so that people find them and review them. This paper doesn't seem to have carried out any kind of trials, the way I read it at least, it seems to be purely logical reasoning based on computer simulations, which really depends on how good the computer simulations reflect reality.

If you have a playstation account, looks like they'll be giving the Uncharted collection and Journey away for free.
You'll need a PS4 to play them though. But I usually don't complain about getting free games.

The ECB (European Central Bank) has now sudo rights through the Pandemic Emergency Purchase Program, (PEPP). It can now buy up to 100% of a state's obligations, meaning that it can own a country and squeeze it like Greece.
In the US the same is happening I think, the FED is just buying everything and eventually tanking the dollar. But the stocks are still okay, so no worries :-#

Today our minister of science stated on Tv they have a combined medice with 94% cure rate on covid out of existing medicine. Cell testing works that way and human testing just started and should be done by a few weeks. Sounds too promising. I don't know if that is politics against chaos or real. Have to wait to see. Hopefully it is truth.

Post automatically merged:

They said they won't go into details right now cause the medicines are common and they don't want panic shortage...

Again. It is hard to believe but let's see.

Is it a real doctor from a real hospital with real covid-19 patients inside who said that ?

Same here. So far the news kind of found out what the medicine combo os and also stated it works on infected cells, on humans is another different thing.

Our German Gouvermant just anouced some new a bit softer orders:
If i remember correctly: Small Shops smaller than 80 m² shall now open from the .04.20 on, and Bike Shops and Car Traders anywhy which size,
Shool should reeopen next month (hopefully),
Gastronomy want be Ree Open that close, as its not that easy to keep the Distance for the Waiter etc..
Oh and Big Events are Canceled until the End of August, so there want be a Gamescom this Year, and no Rockfestival in my Town where i anyway ditnt go as they also have Hip Hop and not that good Acts..

So there is no Chance to see the Pyra this Year in Real Live, as long you ditnt order one ^^

@erico that website takes a loooong time to fetch. But it's hopeful. 94% effective and few secondary effects.
Post automatically merged:

Gastronomy want be Ree Open that close, as its not that easy to keep the Distance for the Waiter etc..
But then sushibars can open again if they have a conveyor belt?

Bigblue asks a cut of 25% to all businesses it is working with:

And negociations with KLM are still ongoing (to bail out the airplane business)

Last edited:
Oh and Big Events are Canceled until the End of August, so there want be a Gamescom this Year, and no Rockfestival in my Town where i anyway ditnt go as they also have Hip Hop and not that good Acts..

So there is no Chance to see the Pyra this Year in Real Live, as long you ditnt order one ^^
There will be a digital one, not sure what that will be like. And it's not communicated what will happen yet with the physical one, I assume there won't be any but they didn't say this yet:

Bigblue asks a cut of 25% to all businesses it is working with:
It just feels unreasonable to ask lower tariffs. Small companies and individuals are in a bad position, and they probably don't their old higher tariff when it's over.
And IBM sounds like IT, one of the only jobs that might continue as usual because a lot can do remotely.

India is handling the lockdown badly. First they lockdown completely, not allowing people to go even to buy things, then, they open the supermarkets, but people rush in, so they lower the hours a supermarket can stay open. Then they allow smaller shops to open, but still no transport to refill stock. The poor, that live day-to-day, now have gathered to make neighbourhood kitchens, where they can get a meal. Many farmers could not sell their crops, so they risk of not having enough money to buy seeds for next year. So I expect big famines in india for 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back