Craigx Does It Again...

Well they will just be getting back on with the job, I hope we will have an update on what is shipping from them at the end of this coming week.

well as it took them a month to produce the last sample don't hold your breath.
But, I think we should have been a sufficient pain-in-the-bum for them to want shot of this job and so they may just get on with it.

Yeah I know. But I really hope it's not going to be more than a month before shipping starts. That would just suck. I hope things happen smooth and fast from here.

It's great news, they're actually starting a couple of days before we thought they would. CNY turned out to not be the largest of stumbling blocks, it was a lot shorter than I initially thought.

All we know is that they are back at work. There is nothing to say that they are starting on cases for Pandora. There were many other bigger customers who were also pressuring them to get jobs done before CNY and those jobs still need to be done.

may88 said:
well as it took them a month to produce the last sample don't hold your breath.
But, I think we should have been a sufficient pain-in-the-bum for them to want shot of this job and so they may just get on with it.

i would actually assume that the production time will be shorter for these cases than it was for the last samples. sure they are making WAY more cases than they did with the samples, but because they are making 4000 of them the priority is higher and they don't have to clear a time slot to run a very small amount of plastic material through the molds in order to create samples (which is what took so long in the first place)

Last edited by a moderator:
Would it be out of line to ask for a Team Pandora "Plan" for the next few weeks/months? NO SPECIFIC DATES ARE REQUIRED! Just layouts of what is planeed at this point once cases do in fact ship! I would imagine if any quantity of cases ship at the end of next week, there must be a specific plan in place at this point.

1. What are the current shipping plans for the cases? Will they ship all 4000, wait and ship 10,000, or just still ship 500?
2. Once the cases are in route, what is planned to happen and or take place at the assembly factory?
3. I know these questions are based on what the mould factory does in the near future, but I would guess you guys have given them a plan for how many units the team wants shipped together? Now if they follow that info is anyones guess I know!
4. What are overall shipping estimates(unis per day,week, month)? Once Texas assembly begins, WILL US ORDERS SHIP FROM THE US?

At this point, I am not going to set my self up for failure of any kind! I am going to assume at least 1 month for the mould factory to create and ship 4000 customer units(minimum)! I will then assume 1 more month at minimum for assembly and shipping to begin from the assembly plant! I would suggest EVERYONE here do the same no matter what info is receive over the next week! I will only get excited if and when I get an email with my tracking info!

I do hope the team has a very smooth ride at this point, as they have worked very hard and sacrificed plenty to make this item a reality, I wish them only the best! I don't want to be angry with more bad news in these "Hopefully" final months. So good luck to all! B)

Chris

Hope may be in order, (appropriately)

before the new year they had not made enough cases to be worth sending, so they must have a machine all set up and ready to go, since they had made SOME cases, from that, it seems unlikely they would then remove the moulds from the machine again, not when they prolly took half a day to set it up in the first place, so they may just bang out all the cases and then remove the moulds when the run is done, before going on to the next order, credible?

Dead1nside said:
It's great news, they're actually starting a couple of days before we thought they would.

EvilDragon said:
Ever thought it could be bad when things arrive EARLIER than expected?

hobbyman II said:
Hope may be in order, (appropriately)

before the new year they had not made enough cases to be worth sending, so they must have a machine all set up and ready to go, since they had made SOME cases, from that, it seems unlikely they would then remove the moulds from the machine again, not when they prolly took half a day to set it up in the first place, so they may just bang out all the cases and then remove the moulds when the run is done, before going on to the next order, credible?
You are assuming too much, imo. A few A,B,X,Y buttons would already mean a few of "all the parts".

craigix said:
They were unable to make all of the parts in time (in any numbers worth shipping). So they will finish the run on the 22nd+.

This just means that all the Pandoras will probably ship in a steady flow from then, rather than a small batch first.

hobbyman II said:
so they must have a machine all set up and ready to go, since they had made SOME cases

I don't remember seeing confirmation anywhere that case #1 had been made. Just a few ugly samples. I rather assumed that since we didn't hear, none had been made. I would guess they wouldn't bother setting up the line until they're ready to knock out all 10,000 at a go.

Don't remember, assume, guess: what do I know?

hobbyman II said:
since they had made SOME cases, from that...

What Craig actually said was that they didn't make enough cases to be worth shipping before New Year. Now coming from anybody else one could expect some cases have been made, but clearly 0 is also not enough and knowing how Craig likes to (ab)use the English language, I'd be willing to put money on that being the case.

^The quote in question is posted above. There was never talk about cases at all, just "parts" ;)

yeah, thats awesome news :)

So please give us some damn roadmap now!
Do you have all the parts at the pandora shipping building now, exept for the cases?
Or are some parts still in mass production, or are some paused?
you can ship 150 a day at gbax? maby ask people to help packaging, and constructing?
i would help if it was not more then a hour driving.
Expected arrival time of other parts if they are not there yet?

Im just so curious, because we all dont want to have delays anymore, and with some more info we can know what things can go wrong, and what things are 99% sure to go as planned.

I think it is abundantly clear that the Pandora cases are extremely low priority for this company. It sounds like the crew has already paid the company for everything – so they have absolutely zero incentive to quickly get things done at this point. The fact they’ve spent like 8 months (that right? more/less?) on a 30-day project kind of tells you what they think of this project. My guess is that being back to work means they’re going to fire up the machines using moulds for other/bigger companies that want their products quickly because of the CNY delay. If they even start producing them in the next month I'll be absolutely ecstatic - but I'm not going to be holding my breath.

It's good to know the Chinese factory is running again.

Before they actually begin production I wouldn't hold my breath though. The Pandora is a relatively small order and I wouldn't be surprised if they (once again) take extra time to get to work.

My understand from the molding process is that once they set-up the machinery properly it is a lot more cost efficient to produce all cases in one go. I personally expect them to do this. So once they begin actually working on it it could go quite fast (if there are no issue of course). I guess the future will tell us.

I am extremely suspicious of this. Chinese New Year is 14 days. Chinese get 20 days of holidays per year, in three mandated holidays; they don't get to pick their time off like we do. How would you feel if 7 of those were suddenly taken away? Unless some workers voluntarily returned early to make more money, but I can't imagine it would be too many. If any workers are back, they're going to prioritize their bigger clients, I should think. Just hold onto your hope. Maybe we get some this week, but even if we don't, everyone should be back to work next week.

WizardStan said:
I am extremely suspicious of this. Chinese New Year is 14 days. Chinese get 20 days of holidays per year, in three mandated holidays; they don't get to pick their time off like we do. How would you feel if 7 of those were suddenly taken away? Unless some workers voluntarily returned early to make more money, but I can't imagine it would be too many. If any workers are back, they're going to prioritize their bigger clients, I should think. Just hold onto your hope. Maybe we get some this week, but even if we don't, everyone should be back to work next week.
You really think a FACTORY in CHINA follows any mandates?
[edit]
my mom works in a factory in the U.S. and they do crap like this all the time. They do pay her extra but it's sort of implied that she needs to do the work or 'bad things may happen'

Back