Craigx Does It Again...

craigix said:
borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
I can assure you they are back because they sent us quite a long email about something they want to do to make the lower part of the case stronger as some of the cases they did before the CNY have flow issues in that area.
so ummm, mass production and green light is no more?

Well they are saying this area of the case turned out thinner than the surrounding area in the units they have currently made, but we don't think it's an issue as it's the area above the battery, and that section is pretty solid anyway and not an area you can see in every day use.
it will not jam up other things?
be 100% sure else we need more revisions :S

Last edited by a moderator:
craigix said:
borgqueenx said:
craigix said:
I can assure you they are back because they sent us quite a long email about something they want to do to make the lower part of the case stronger as some of the cases they did before the CNY have flow issues in that area.
so ummm, mass production and green light is no more?

Well they are saying this area of the case turned out thinner than the surrounding area in the units they have currently made, but we don't think it's an issue as it's the area above the battery, and that section is pretty solid anyway and not an area you can see in every day use.

This wasn't an issue with the prior samples was it? I hope this isn't another excuse for them to delay making the cases.

Yeah, that paticular area doesn't need to be the thickest material, as it isn't really on the outside. It does need to be sound in structure, as to support the sides and the overall integrity of the case. I don't think that area should be that much of a problem!

Chris

puppydee said:
This wasn't an issue with the prior samples was it? I hope this isn't another excuse for them to delay making the cases.

+1 I hope they will start producing the cases soon.

I am personally quite surprised about their concern, especially considering this is in the inside. What really matters though is the opinion of Michael / Dave.

craigix said:
Patrick R Ludvigsen said:
So you're not going to change it?

I'm going to speak to Michael/Dave about it but I don't think we will change it.
They had 6 Months for the Case. They told they need 6 Weeks so I think we still don't know every thing what's really going on there...

Well, it sounds like it's about the Area that lays under the PCB and captures the pressure from the D-Pad and the Action Buttons. It should be strong enough not to push through till the bottom when in heavy gaming actions :lol:

We most probably will not change it. They want to change it as this would remove the last issue with shrinking - but that shrinking would be in the battery area below the sticker...
You'd need to remove the sticker to even find it. Doesn't make sense :)

EvilDragon said:
We most probably will not change it. They want to change it as this would remove the last issue with shrinking - but that shrinking would be in the battery area below the sticker...
My cynicism is kicking. They know there's a problem and they want to stall for time to fix it. If you say "no", the problem will become apparent, and they'll be all "you should have let us do the change we wanted to do" :(

EvilDragon said:

So it doesn't bare any cosmetic or structural issues? It's just some shrinkage in the battery compartment that cannot be seen or does not pose any structural problem?

Thanks.

EvilDragon said:
That's good Ed, NO MORE DELAYS! Even if the material in that spot is weaker/thinner, it would never be an issue as long as the battery is in place, and is snug! My DS,PSP,Ect have no extra room in the battery compartment, and the battery makes a very firm support below that thin area of plastic. Not a big deal in my opinion! :pandora2ut4:

Chris

jumpman said:
EvilDragon said:
That's good Ed, NO MORE DELAYS! Even if the material in that spot is weaker/thinner, it would never be an issue as long as the battery is in place, and is snug! My DS,PSP,Ect have no extra room in the battery compartment, and the battery makes a very firm support below that thin area of plastic. Not a big deal in my opinion! :pandora2ut4:

Chris
Your DS battery's not a LiPo with no case though. Pandora's battery will be soft and malleable. (DON'T SQUISH IT THOUGH!)

EvilDragon said:
That's just silly. Even if it wasn't there and you peeled the sticker off. There would still be ugly leftover sticker pieces stuck on it.

EvilDragon said:
It doesn't seem like a big deal, unless the shrinkage was causing it to stick in the mould or something. Is it causing production problems, or is it purely cosmetic?

EvilDragon said:

i know everyone will disagree but why not just go ahead and fix it? instead of having a flaw. better to fix it than not to. what if some unforeseen problem comes from it in the future? might not seem like it now but you never know. theres nothing wrong with one more revision.

nothing wrong accept that it's a minor thing and a thousand trolls will climb up out of the ground screaming "VAPORWARE!!!!11!" again. if it's not going to cause a structureal problem and it's just something that's hidden on the inside it's not worth a further delay. It's not a defect that really matters.

zohnnyg said:
i know everyone will disagree but why not just go ahead and fix it? instead of having a flaw. better to fix it than not to. what if some unforeseen problem comes from it in the future? might not seem like it now but you never know. theres nothing wrong with one more revision.
Because there will ALWAYS be something to fix. Perfection is impossible. They will fix this thing, and another small thing will be noted. And then another, and another, and forever you will be tweaking.
Eventually you have to say "that's it, no more tweaks, it is good enough."
Apparently that day is today.

Yep as long as there is no structural problems and it is only cosmetic and is covered by battery,
then it doesent matter.I say rock and roll

Back