Current Build Quality Of The Tv-out Cables?

hitbyambulance

Website
troubletype.org
i remember reading before that the cables were of a somewhat dodgy quality (didn't fit the GP2x very well, only output b&w images, and so forth). how are the ones now? i'm looking in particular at the 3 meter version available from gp2xstore.com :http://www.gp2xstore.com/TV_out_cable_p/004.htm

hitbyambulance said:
i remember reading before that the cables were of a somewhat dodgy quality (didn't fit the GP2x very well, only output b&w images, and so forth). how are the ones now? i'm looking in particular at the 3 meter version available from gp2xstore.com :http://www.gp2xstore.com/TV_out_cable_p/004.htm
I have that version, and it outputs B&W on my Dad's TV, but all my other TV's seem fine with it(Except my TV outputs B&W with PocketSNES for some awkward reason...)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from gp2xstore.com, works perfectly fine. There's two signal types(?), so you just have to find out which one works for you. One of them outputs black and white images and is just too mess. The other works.

Hope it helps. :D

dabr1dg3x said:
I bought mine from gp2xstore.com, works perfectly fine. There's two signal types(?), so you just have to find out which one works for you. One of them outputs black and white images and is just too mess. The other works.

Are you talking about the NTSC and PAL modes?

I am sure the cable is the same one, but if you select NTSC on the GP2x on a PAL TV then it will be black and white and hazy, you select NTSC for NTSC TV's and PAL for PAL.

As to the plug quality, seems fine now. Clicks nicely into place.

Metalwario64 said:
dabr1dg3x said:

Are you talking about the NTSC and PAL modes?

Yeah, I didn't know what they were called...

hitbyambulance said:
how is the screen centering on various titles?
It appears good for the most part. But some things can suffer from overscan (depending on how much your TV generally has) but you can center it manually in the TV out menu of the GP2X.

hitbyambulance said:
It's funny you should mention this as i've just got mine from gp2x.co.uk, it was on back order for about 2 weeks. It's not the same as my brothers old tv out. This one comes with a good enough cable run built into the cable to sit on the sofa. I'm thinking this is good due to you not needing extenders.

Yeah it works ok with my f200.

Back